background

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Birthday Bounty

We finally had a little sunshine here today so I could take a decent picture of my birthday gifts from my dear friend Norma. I first met Norma a couple of years ago through the Fabric In Altered Arts group. I have not been active on the group in quite some time but Norma and I have kept in touch via email and through our blogs. She is such a talented fiber artist - you should go visit her blog and see all the wonderful things she creates.

She sent me a cute pattern for tote bags, a little shoe keychain from her recent visit to California, and she made me this wonderful felt needle/pin
book. I had to take a close up of the needle book so you could see her beautiful handwork. Thank you so much for all my goodies and for making me feel special on my birthday.

To top it off my sons gave me a Books A Million gift card and DH gave me a gift card to Hobby Lobby. Books and craft stuff - it doesn't get much better than that!
I want to say thank you to all my blogging friends who visit my little corner of the web. I appreciate all of your comments and encouragement. :o)

5 comments:

Berit said...

Ooh! I'm planning to try my hand at some blanket stitch+wool felt penny rugs soon, so it's great to see this--What a great gift you got!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

So happy you finally got some sunshine. So happy you are enjoying my gifts. Thanks for posting them on your blog.

Hugs

Crispy said...

What lovely little gifties Myra :o). I sometimes think how lonely we would be in our little stitching worlds without the internet. So many wonderful people out there.

Crispy

Pam said...

Happy Birthday. Your gifts from Norma are so very appropriate for your birthday.

Carol said...

What a creative friend you have, Myra! The internet sure has been a great place to "meet" such nice stitching friends, hasn't it?