background

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Moving Right Along



"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."

Come on, you can sing along with me if you like! LOL

These fabrics have been in my stash for quite some time just waiting to be made into a Christmas stocking. This morning, they became what they were supposed to be. Now I have several ideas for Christmas stockings one of which involves the Prairie Schooler Santa I stitched for DH. I am trying to figure out how to incorporate it into a stocking.

The basic pattern for this lined stocking comes from the book Fast Fun & Easy Christmas Stockings by Susan S. Terry. They really are fast, fun and easy. I didn't do any embellishing or anything on this one as the fabric seemed busy enough and has gold metallic highlights that don't really show in the picture.

Maybe I can make 3 more stockings before the Just Cross Stitch ornament issue arrives and I am sucked in to stitching lovely little ornaments. :o)

4 comments:

Carol said...

Boy, you have been one busy stitcher, Myra! The pet stocking is darling...

I haven't received my JCS ornament issue either! I'm anxiously awaiting it in the mail (hopefully in tomorrow's mail!)...

Crispy said...

Cute sock Myra :0)

Hey, how are you doing on the "BIG" cross stitch project?

Crispy

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Cute stocking Myra!
I agree with you the fabric is just right without further embellishments!

Lana said...

I adore those fabrics! Love the stocking!