background

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Odd Socks


I managed to finish a Christmas stocking for my DH. He is an avid fisherman so I decided to use the Prairie Schooler Santa I stitched on his stocking. I need to find another small bobber to attach to the "line" at the bottom (I stole this one from DH's tackle box). The fishing lure at the top is an old one that my DH's father gave him when he was a little boy - it was well used by my father in law but my DH never used it. It has been curing in his tackle box for quite some time.


I have been working on a little autumn piece as well as a little Christmas piece. Some of you have asked about Dogs Day Out progress and I am sad to say it probably won't get much more attention until after the holidays. I realized it isn't long until Christmas and I better get busy with any Christmas presents I plan to make.


I just took an apple cake out of the oven and it is calling my name....


Have a great week!

6 comments:

Carol said...

What a creative way to finish a stocking, Myra. The fishing lure at the top makes it all the more special... I'm sure your husband will love it!

I'll wait patiently 'til after Christmas to see "Dogs Day Out" take shape. These next few months sure are busy ones :)

Have a good week, Myra!

Crispy said...

What a great christmas stocking. My son would love it as he's an avid fisherman too.

Crispy

Jan said...

What a beautiful, sentimental Christmas stocking---sure to be a treasure in the years to come---you did a great job!

PunkiePie said...

That's a great Christmas stocking, Myra! Perfect fit, I say.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh Myra, your hubby is going to be so happy with his New Christmas Stocking. It looks great.
Hugs

BeckySC said...

Myra, what creativity!! I love the way you added the stitched piece to the stocking....as oppossed to an entire stitched stocking!! LOVE IT!