background

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Christmas Stitching

"Let It Snow"
Country Cottage Needleworks
2008 JCS Ornament Issue
HDF Silks and Linen
I took a little break from Halloween/Autumn stitching to make a Christmas gift. This one is for my friend Sheila who collects anything with snowmen. I loved stitching this one even though I had to frog parts of the tree twice! I also left off the wording at the bottom of the piece because I just liked the little snowman scene by itself. It is finished as a pillow ornament. I think Sheila will be happy to find this in her stocking this year. :o)
I hope you are all having a fabulous Sunday. It is cool and dreary here today - a good day for stitching and sewing.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

What a beautiful gift - I'm sure your friend will love it!

Daffycat said...

It's a beautiful gift, Myra. Your friend will be thrilled!

Nita said...

Very sweet. Lucky friend.

Carol said...

Oh, I love that, Myra--I was actually thinking about adding that one to my stitching line-up for December. Your finish is beautiful--love the blue fabric with it. I know your friend will be pleased :)

Crispy said...

What a cute little piece. She's going to love finding it in her stocking!!

Crispy

PunkiePie said...

Beautiful gift, Myra. So pretty!

Ranae said...

Your friend sure is lucky to receive such a beautiful finish

Tracey said...

Very cute! I am a snowman lover too.. I like it without the wording. :)

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

I love this snowman pillow. I am sure your friend, Sheila will love it too!