background

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall Festival

Our little town had a fall festival today. It was chilly and overcast - the perfect day for a festival. There was lots of food, music, and "stuff". I was a lazy photographer and only took pictures of this display of primitive Halloween goodies.
I thought these were so neat. Halloweeny but not scary. The cats, candy corn, witches hat and boots were all made of muslin that had been sewn then painted. I just loved them. You can't see in the pic but the crow had legs and feet made of old forks that had been bent. Clever! I was a little disappointed there weren't more handcrafted items. Perhaps I should consider having a booth next year? Hmmmm.
I hope you are all having a fabulous fall weekend. Our temps have dropped considerably and it is supposed to go into the 30's tomorrow night. Brrrr. Practically unheard of here in the month of October.

5 comments:

Daffycat said...

Oh how fun! Those giant candy corn are hilarious!

Crispy said...

I love going to craft fairs but it always seems that I have to work when they are happening. We are having a warm up, that 55 degrees yesterday almost felt like the 70's LOL.

Crispy

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

So happy you had fun at the Fall Festival. Those little Halloween cats and the candy corn are so cute. Did you buy any? :)
A cute idea for Halloween Next Year.

Hugs

PunkiePie said...

I love festivals and looks like this one was fun. I hope you're keeping warm down there. It's been really cold the last week or so up here. Felt more like January than October. We're in for a warm day today and then it goes away again.

Meari said...

Neat craftsmanship. It's been ages since I've been to a festival/craft show.