background

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Now I know my ABC's...

...tell me what you think of me. Uh, scratch that. LOL

I have been doing some stitching and thought it was time for an update. For some reason I am being drawn to alphabet samplers. Any and all of them, I just love 'em! So this is where I have been spending my stitching time when I should be working on Christmas things. :o)

The first one is "Sew Blue" by Carol. I was going for an autumn feel and used Caron Waterlilies fiesta on a piece of the grab bag linen from Hand Dyed Fibers. I see that Carol has now designed a "Sew Autumn"
to help feed my addiction. :o)

The second one is a La-D-Da freebie, "Alphabet w/Hare". Only I didn't want the hare so I tried graphing a dog instead. Yes, that freakish looking thingon the left is supposed to be a dog. I am debating whether to frog it and try again before I stitch the border. Oh well, I'll try to finish up "Sew Blue" and then decide. This uses a Carrie's Creation silk and another piece of the grab bag fabric.

That's all I have for now. I am itching to do some Christmas stitching but I want to finish these two before I start something else. I have enough quilting UFO's - I don't need to add any cross stitch ones to the mix.

In the crock pot: Scalloped potatos and ham
On the stove: Collard greens (Paula Deen's recipe, yum!)
To do when I get off this thing: Cornbread in the oven

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday my friends!

10 comments:

Carol said...

I love stitching alphabets, too, Myra (also wording on samplers!)...Both of your samplers are so pretty and I can tell that is a dog--looks like a boxer to me :)

Dinner sounds great (well, not sure about the collard greens since I've never tasted them)...

Daffycat said...

Beautiful samplers, Myra! I really love the color in Sew Blue! The dog looks fine, I think.

PunkiePie said...

My husband and I got a Alphabet sampler as a wedding gift from some long time family friends on his side. It is beautiful and has a place of honor in our dining area. Yours are great!

Dinner sounds wonderful. We're having taco salad tonight. I think I'll be over at YOUR house for dinner! ;)

Ranae said...

I have something for stitching the alphabet too. It looks fabulous.
I love the freebie and the dog looks great. I'd keep it there.
I have a couple of Christmas things picked out to stitch.

Nita said...

Love your abcedaires! That genre is one of my top favorites.

Crispy said...

Love the stitcheries Myra. Quaker samplers have been calling my name lately. I really need to get to a needle shop for some linen :0)

Crispy

Berit said...

Lookin' good! I've also been thinking fondly of "Autumnal Abc's" lately, and have a skein and chart all put ready, but must finish a WIP or two first! Must! Discipline!! :P

Carol R said...

A lovely finish of Sew Blue Myra - the first one I've seen apart from mine and Valies! Excellent choice of colour.

Wilma NC said...

Every time I visit your site I want to do cross stitch!!!! Your work is so beautiful.

BeckySC said...

Hi Myra :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit :) It's very nice to meet you :)

I TOO love anything with an alphabet!!
Both pieces are just gorgeous!!

Have a lovely day :)