background

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Twofer



Two posts in one day! Whooohooo! I decided to leave the whacked out dog on my La-D-Da Freebie Alphabet piece and finished it into a Christmas pillow. I used this plaid Homespun type fabric and made the tie from another piece of fabric since I didn't have any suitable ribbon in my stash. I added a key charm for a little extra "character". This is a larger pillow - about 8"x18". It will look nice on my hearth when the Christmas decorations come out.

Now, back to our previously scheduled Halloween stitching! LOL

10 comments:

BeckySC said...

BEEutiful :) I stitched this for Amy for an exchange with the same type finishing :) It's one of my favorite type finishes :)
Yours looks AMAZING!!
Have a great week :)

J Rae said...

I like your Alphabet with Dog pillow! Looks great!

Your Country Cottage ornie is really pretty. The blue fabric really makes the birds & scarf "pop" in the piece. Lovely!

I like your choice of autumn colored thread for the Sew Blue piece. It looks wonderful!

Daffycat said...

Outstanding finishing, Myra! Don't dis the dog...I like him!

Berit said...

This is gorgeous!!! I think the dog is just tops! Your "stocking stuffer" is gonna steal the show; your friend is going to be just floored.

How 'bout a tutorial for this pillow finish? Yours is simply gorgeous! ;) I so hear Halloween stitching calling to me! I have to finish up a summertime BBD, and then I will be on to some Autumn designs! Whee!!

Love the new look for the blog, btw.

Carol said...

Wow! You sure have had a productive week, Myra... I love the little pillow and I think the dog is quite cute :) Great choice of fabric!

Crispy said...

I love your whacked out dog!!! He adds character to the piece IMHO. Very cute pillow :0)

Crispy

Jan said...

Love your Christmas pillow and the snowman---Your whacked out dog is neat, too--he has a personality all his own!!!!

Ranae said...

Love it!!!
and the fabby too, it's looks great

Tracey said...

so cute!! :)

Irene said...

Love the finishing !