background

Thursday, November 5, 2009

First Stitches

Bwahhahahaha! Ya'll are going to love this. Sharon (Daffycat) posted today about her first projects and boy could I relate. This little frog is one of my very first projects stitched with one strand DMC on 22 count Hardanger. As you can see he shared a piece of fabric with a Christmas Mouse at one time - the mouse was put into one of those gold plastic frames and made into an ornament. The little froggy never went anywhere because I didn't leave enough fabric to cut him out! Note the masking tape around the edge of the fabric to keep it from fraying. LOL This was stitched around 1980 when I was a junior in high school.
Another project from the same time period. This one is on 14 count Aida. Perhaps I should frame this one for my sewing room. It would be a good reminder when I am feeling a bit down and who wouldn't be cheery looking at those colors?

So - dig in those closets and baskets and show us some of your first projects. I guarantee they will coax at least one smile out of you!

8 comments:

Daffycat said...

Excellent, Myra! I love Mr. Froggie's necktie, LOL! OMG I remember doing the masking tape BS! Do you still have the mouse somewhere in the Christmas stuff?

It's really great you joined me in sharing your first stitches. Thanks!

Lana said...

Sooo cute!!! great firsts!!

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

Myra, Your little rainbow is so cute... frame it and put it up.

Carol said...

I'll have to dig deep in my middle-aged memory to come up with my first project, Myra! Your frog is so cute. Could you maybe sew or glue a piece of grograin ribbon all around him and somehow finish him into an ornament?

I, too, remember the masking tape thing! Gosh, things sure have changed over the years, haven't they?

Hope your weekend is lovely :)

Wilma NC said...

Cute!! You should use the frog one and make a greeting card out of it.

Crispy said...

Oh I wish I had my first stuff. I recently tossed it all. My first attempt at hardanger was hilarious.

Crispy

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

I am back! Arrived home last night.
I love that you posted some of your first stitching projects. I love the one that says "Life is Bright"! I think you should frame it so you can enjoy it on a daily basis. :)

Hugs