background

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Peppermint Twist

While cruising the internet earlier this week I came across this tutorial on the Moda Bakeshop website. Since I had been trying to think of some little gift ideas for quilting friends I decided to give these a try. I found the instructions to be excellent and really like the weight the crushed walnut shells add to the pincushion. I think these would make cute little decorations for the holidays as well as being useful.

I hope you are all having a good weekend. It is cold here but at least we have sunshine. I have a Christmas ornament swap coming up so I suppose I will be working on those tomorrow as well as finishing up my humbug for the Tiny Treasures exchange.

7 comments:

Daffycat said...

Those are really cute pincushions! They look like they are about four inches around? It's hard to tell.

PunkiePie said...

So cute Myra! I debating making those myself. Good to know that the instructions are easy to work through.

Carol said...

Very cute, Myra--love the peppermint ones with the holly leaves! I've been wondering about the crushed walnut shells--where do you buy them?

Beautiful weekend here--high 60's and sunny--can't remember a weekend in November that has been this nice :)

Ranae said...

Those will make great gifts, how lucky they are

Jan said...

What cute little peppermint pincushions! You did a great job on them!

Tracey said...

So cute!! I love them! Nice work! :)

Jennifer said...

These pincushions are so cute. Wonderful job!