background

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thirteen Years Later...

A couple of weeks ago Daffycat posted one of her first finishes on her blog and challenged the rest of us to show one of ours. Well I did and while I was digging around in my old cross stitch pieces I came across another one that I really don't understand why I never did anything with it. This particular piece was stitched in 1996 (I only know that because I put the date on the piece at the time).

So, this weekend I headed off to Hobby Lobby to find a frame and purchase foam core for mounting. I consulted Vonna's framing tutorial and $15.00 and an hour later I was done.


"December"
From Paula Vaughan's Quilts For All Seasons
28 ct cream linen (I think)
DMC floss


And a few close ups.




15 comments:

Daffycat said...

It's wonderful, Myra! How fantastic you got it finished for the holidays!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

What a lovely cross stitch piece! Love it. :)

Berit said...

This is so sweet--reminds me of that quilts on a sunlit porch kit I've seen; if memory serves didn't you have a partially-stitched giveaway on that piece?

Lovely frame choice, too!

Irene said...

looks great !

Vonna said...

OH MY...Paula Vaughan..how I loved her - I think I have ever pattern Leisure Arts ever released by her...ahhh...and this one is SO gorgeous, the frame and finish is perfect!
YOU GO GIRL!

Wilma NC said...

So pretty!! I have a crosstitch sampler that I did in 1978 (it's dated to o) , and some counted crosstitch shell done in 1979(they still hand in my bathroom). Most of my other stuff I gave away.

Crispy said...

Very pretty Myra, it deserves to be displayed!!

Crispy

Carol said...

Wow! There sure is a lot of backstitching in that PV, Myra! It looks just lovely--so glad you finished it after all these years.

Don't you love those tutorials--I am trying to do a flatfold and have found them to be so very helpful! Stitchers are just plain nice, helpful people, aren't they?!

Jan said...

What a pretty picture and you did such a great job! Glad you found it and framed it!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous! That frame is so pretty too. I love Paula Vaughan designs.

PunkiePie said...

So cute! Looks great framed and ready for the holidays.

Ann said...

That is a really lovely Christmas picture, it will certainly add something to your decorations, gorgeous colours too.

Karen said...

Very pretty. I remember when Paula Vaughan was all the rage in the 90's.

Robin (Samplerbird) said...

Your first finish is lovely and your framing is perfect! Your ornaments are very unusual. I've never seen anything like them. What a fun way to use pretty Christmas fabrics. I think I need to make a trip to JoAnn's to check out the fabric...

Donna said...

Love the frame. The brown is just the right color for your piece.