background

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Waste Not


I just can't bring myself to toss those strips of linen left over after stitching a piece. As I was walking by my ironing board I noticed the pile of scraps and a light bulb went on in my little ole head.

I sat down at the sewing machine and starting pieceing the strips together. I found a template online for a gingerbread man, broke out the permanent markers, and what you see my friends is history. LOL He would be even cuter if the face, buttons and such were stitched but I was too lazy to do that this time.

He will make a cute little addition to my tree and the scraps didn't go to the wastebasket.

7 comments:

Blu said...

He's really cute. Although I have to admit it looks like he has a giant bandaid around his waist and his head!
I usually end up stuffing biscornus with my scraps.

J Rae said...

How cute is he?!!! What a great idea you came up with!

Berit said...

I've been hoarding my little bits, too. And thinking on how to use them up! What a cute (and festive) idea you had.

Tracey said...

what a cutie!! That's a great idea!

Carol said...

Oh, you're so creative, Myra! He is darling and I love how you used up your linen scraps :)

Robin said...

That is such a creative idea!! You did fantastic!
robin

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Myra,
Your gingerbread boy turned out really cute. So happy you found a good way to use your scraps.