background

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekend Update


"By The Light Of The Moon"
The Primitive Needle
Silkweaver 40 ct Terracotta
HDF Floss

We have had a rainy, dreary, cool weekend here in NC. The sun came out for an hour or two yesterday and that was it. Our yard is full of wet leaves and the squirrels are scurrying to collect all the acorns that fell after the hard rains last night. It made for a perfect stitching weekend.

I have been working on this freebie by the Primitive Needle "By The Light Of The Moon". I saw her Halloween Revelry design in the JCS Halloween issue and knew right away I would eventually make it to add to my Halloween collection. I decided to do this smaller piece first as a companion to the larger design. I think they will be quite nice displayed together next year. This is my first time working with 40 count linen and it may be my last. My eyes just don't adjust well to the smaller count and I have to take frequent breaks to allow my eyes to rest. I love how the tiny stitches look but I don't think I am cut out for stitching on this smaller count linen.

Time to begin preparing myself for another work week. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

Daffycat said...

It is precious, Myra! I've never stitched 40 count. I think I need a new RX in my glasses before I try!

Cole said...

It looks great! I haven't tried anything higher than 36ct, you're a brave lady!! LOL

Diana said...

Your Primitive Needle design turned out really nice! You were brave to use 40ct! I hope to stitch it,too someday,but it won't be on 40ct. I agree that it will look nice with the design in JCS.

BeckySC said...

LOVE it, Myra :) PERFECT fabric ! I adore 40ct :)

Have a lovely week :)

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Love this design Myra. You did an great job on it as always. :)
When I work on something with small stitching my eyes get tired too. So I understand.
Have a lovely week and hugs!

Berit said...

I'd love to try a 36 or 40 count, though I do enjoy the fat x-ish way the stitches look on 28 over 2. :P

This is a beautiful finish; your eyes deserve a rest after their labors.

J Rae said...

Great finish! Don't you just love these two designs?!!!

Dawn said...

Myra, Wonderful!! I just love the design, there is so much going on in it.Your stitching is beautiful especially as it is stitched on such fine linen. I know what you mean with the effect on the eyes.

Vonna said...

PRETTY! I want to stith this one myself :) It is hard to get going on 40 ct. but I think stitching is pretty no matter what count fabric :)

Carol said...

Love it, Myra!!! I have this one myself and planned to stitch it this year, but guess it will have to wait until next Halloween. My husband accidentally "recycled" my JCS Halloween issue that contained the other chart...Ooh, I was so upset, but then I remembered my library gets a subscription so I can just use their copy.

I've never tried 40 ct. either, but will get my nerve up some day :)

Crispy said...

Very cute Myra. Are you starting some Thanksgiving projects next? How is the doggy piece coming along?

Crispy

Jennifer said...

I love this freebie and want to stitch it too. I also have the JCS piece . Probably won't get to them for awhile. have a great week!

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful finish and it WILL look great with the bigger piece :o)