background

Sunday, December 20, 2009

I hab uh code

Itchy, watery eyes. Runny, red nose. (I could pass for Rudolph!) Foggy brain. I have it all. It seems I get something about this time every year. I remember one year being so sick on Christmas day I had to lie on the sofa to watch the boys open their presents. I am glad it hit me this weekend instead of later this week. Hopefully, I'll be all better in a couple of days.

Despite my foggy head I managed to make a stocking for each of my boys yesterday. I have had good intentions of making a stocking for everyone for about 5 years now and finally! I did it! I had thought to "bling" them up a little more but really didn't feel up to it so this will have to do. I can always add some embellishments later.

Even though my boys are 22 years old now I really enjoy buying little candies and things to put in their Christmas stockings. Where it used to be Matchbox cars and Pez dispensers it is now boxer shorts and flash drives but still fun. Oh, and everyone always gets a new toothbrush in their stocking. LOL Does anyone else do that?


We had a bit of snow here on Friday and Saturday but it is all gone now. I suppose we got about and inch of snow but it was followed by rain which pretty much washed it all away.

I hope all of you are remembering to rest and take some time out for yourself during this busy season. Me? I am heading for a nice, warm, bubble bath right now.

9 comments:

Cole said...

We always get new toothbrushes!! And a mandarin in the toe too :)

PunkiePie said...

Feel better! I love your stockings! One of these years, I will make us each a stocking to suit our personalities.

Catherine said...

Hope you feel better! Love the stockings!

Daffycat said...

Darling stockings, Myra!

I hope you feel better quickly ~ in time for Christmas, please! I got the flu once at Christmas...I remember laying on the couch watching Disney's Fantasia sweating and coughing and aching. I still can't watch that film without flashbacks of being ungodly ill.

Carol said...

Great job on the stockings, Myra...I love that pinecone material!

I always give the boys new chapsticks each year and usually maple sugar candy...still have to hunt for some stocking stuffers this week...

Hope you can rest up and feel totally better by Christmas--take extra good care of yourself :)

Crispy said...

Oh poor Myra, I hope you get over your nasty cold soon. Your Christmas stockings are great, I need to make one for my granddaughter for next year.

Crispy

Andrea said...

Sorry to hear about your cold Myra, I hope it clears up soon before the big day. Love the stockings.

Berit said...

Awesome fabbys you used; very cute! I do hope your cold is all but gone so that you can enjoy this last push before Christmas. I just though of MiniZiggy, and he made me smile! He is so cute the way you've dressed him up!

Sheryl said...

Great stockings, Myra! I can't believe your boys are 22 already. I got my cold the day after you got yours. Today I'm finally feeling a little more human again. I hope you are, too!