background

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Snowy Ornament

"Snow Merry"
Homespun Elegance
2009 JCS Ornament Issue
HDF Grab Bag Linen, DMC floss


No snow here but I managed to finish this "snowy" ornament. I am working on finishing one more ornament before the year ends. I put the final stitches in it on Christmas Day and am working on sewing a beaded edge on it. I "told" myself I was going to use this last week of the year to organize my craft things and start "Where My Heart Blooms" on New Year's Day. All was going as planned until I saw this. Soooooooo, I started stitching this for the New Year instead of working on my organization. :o)

I hope I can finish it before Friday. (Not likely but one can dream. LOL)




8 comments:

Daffycat said...

Really sweet finish! Don't feel bad about abandoning cleaning for stitching...I do that all the time. I'll be organizing then suddenly find myself kitting up a new project and even running out to get some needed thread! So, usually things are a mess 'round here!

Good luck with the rest of the week!

Berit said...

Oh, how nice!! Just beautiful finish! Also, you are a shoulder-devil for showing me that darling chart! I'm going to try holding off like a good girl!! I must make my New Year's Preparations!

Nic said...

What a sweet ornament - and thanks for the link to the other freebie, I don't blame you for wanting to start stitching it straightaway!

Crispy said...

Very cute!! I wish I could say no snow LOL.

Crispy

Carol said...

What a sweet finish, Myra--I love snowment ornaments, too and may have to add that to my ever-growing list of "must-stitch" charts! And I love the free chart, too--hadn't seen it before.

We got about 3 more inches of snow last night brightening up the landscape...Just hope the roads are cleared before I leave for work this morning!

Wishing you and your family a lovely new year :)

Jan said...

What a great finish to the year---love the snowman! And love the picture of you and Lola---she's a doll! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Lola!

Tracey said...

So cute! I'm a sucker for snowfolk. In fact I've posted a few of my snowman ornaments (stitched and otherwise) on my blog if you'd like to pop by! :)

Karen said...

Love your finish! Thanks for sharing the freebie....can't wait to see your finish.

Hoping you have many happy stitches in the new year....