background

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Building A House



Happy Sunday! I have already started a fire and put a roast in the crock pot so I can settle in for a day of stitching and being lazy.

Here is a picture of the progress I have made on Where My Heart Blooms. I am finding this to be relaxing but maybe a bit boring now as there is so much of the white to be stitched. Surprisingly, I am now okay with the stiffer linen find the floss just fine although I had read some not so good reviews on the WDW and GAST flosses.






Part of the reason I haven't made more progress on the bigger piece is because I had to stop and stitch a little something for Valentine's Day. I try to make a seasonal ornament or small as it helps me get into the proper mood and I figure if I make at least one each year I'll be all set for decorating seasonally in a few years.




These pretties arrived this week and I can't wait to get started on them. I am a little late for January but I plan to start February today in the hopes it will be ready to display for the full month. This will be my first time using the Crescent Colors floss so I am hoping I will like it since I will be using them throughout the year on these monthly pieces. I think I am going to try to find one nice frame (may have to have one made as I will need a 5x5 or 6x6 opening) so I can just pop the monthly samplers in and out of it.

Time to go organize my floss a la Sharon (love this method by the way) and get to stitching!

11 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Sounds like you have a lovely stitching day planned.
I like both WDW and GAST threads. They may be a slight bit more difficult to use but make up for it by having such lovely colors and wonderful names.
Love the Valentine ornaments and your LHN looks like a fun stitch.

Ann said...

I like the stiffness of linen to stitch on, the finished look is always nice too.

I'm just sorting out my first Christmas ornament of the year, trying to decide which fabric to use.

Daffycat said...

The bad thing about staying home while the crock pot is going...it starts to smell GOOD and you've still got six hours to wait! LOL

Lovely stitching & stash! Your Valentine finish is beautiful, Myra! That's a great plan to stitch something every holiday, I should do that.

Berit said...

I think you will like the CC's; I'm pretty sure they are my favorite of the cotton overdyes; so far they seem to "lie" really nicely and have a sheen that GAST and WDW don't. CC is "shiny", WDW is "woolly" and GAST is in the middle (to my experience thus far.)

Sweet little valentine prim! Nice colours.

BeckySC said...

Happy Sunday Myra :)
Love your Valentines stitch :) It looks great :)
Your house is coming along nicely :)
I too plan a day of stitching this afternoon :) Cool and rainy here-sounds like my area is in for LOT's of rain/wind this evening.
Stay safe and have a lovely week ahead :)

Crispy said...

Love your stitcheries Myra. Busy hands are happy hands...it's good to be lazy :0)

Interesting idea for organizing floss...I'm a bobbin winder myself LOL.

Crispy

Catherine said...

Sounds like a great day - food is cooking, stitching to be done, lovely finish, great stash.......what more does a person need?

Carol said...

Your Sundays always sound so relaxing, Myra... I think I need to change up my routine and get more of my cleaning and laundry done during the week so I can actually relax on the weekend.

I love your dear Valentine finish--so sweet! And lucky you with your new stash...Can't wait to see your progress on them :)

FayeRaye said...

OK...by now the crockpot is cleaned and the roast was eaten up!! YUMMO~~~ Love that Valentine pillow...too cute....And, I went on over to Sharons blog to check out this floss organizing....good idea...I love the floss away bags for my overdyes already..and, I love the idea of a 3x5 card in them to help them stand up in the box.. I have my dmc wound up on hte cardboard like most people...so, I may check this new way out.....it will be a HUGE undertaking!! Have a great week!! Faye

PunkiePie said...

You're keeping busy, Myra. Everything looks great!

Robin said...

oh, your valentine small is so lovely. Hope you enjoy the CC floss; I love it.