background

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Planning Ahead

Honestly, I think I could "do" Christmas as far as decorating goes year round. I just love all the pretty things you can make to spruce up your house.

While surfing blogland last weekend I clicked on a link, which led me to another link, and another (you know how that goes), and I finally ended up here. Oh, the pretties to be seen there! Since I received a Barnes and Noble gift certificate for Christmas I just had to order this book.

Now ya'll know how I love a bargain - I was able to order through the B&N website from an independent bookseller and I got this $25 brand new book for $2.47.

The photos in this book are gorgeous and many of the projects can be adapted for other holidays and seasons. I am particularly fond of the birds (big surprise) and am thinking of trying my hand at some of the pixie dolls. As cold as it has been here the wool slippers don't sound so bad either!

And since I don't have enough to do (cough), I am trying to decide which project from this book I want to try first!
Have a gr8 week everyone!

7 comments:

BeckySC said...

Girlfriend...I am right there with you-I could leave my house decorated for Christmas year round. It's my most favorite way to decorate :)
Have a great week, Myra :)
((hugs))

FayeRaye said...

what a find!!! you are right, adopt the designs for all seasons or just love Christmas all year long!! Love it, oink oink!~ Faye

Cole said...

What a beautiful book, and the price makes it even better!!! Good luck deciding on the next project :)

Crispy said...

It will be interesting to see what you end up making LOL.

Crispy

Carol said...

I love a bargain, too, Myra! That book looks like it is just chock-full of creative ideas--those little piggies are so cute! Have fun planning your next project :)

Berit said...

I think I prefer Halloween to Christmas...but I do just love it when Christmas comes--mulled cider, the tree, the lights....

Kathy A. said...

Just stopped by to tell you that the frog pouch you stitched for Becky was just amazing!!!!
I loved the fabric and the idea behind it. My blog has frogs on it hoping they stay there and not in my stitching.