background

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snowed In

Now I know many of you in the north and midwest are laughing right now but lemme tell you snow of any amount here in NC is a big deal. The fact that some areas got 10 inches of snow is almost unheard of in this area. We do not have the manpower or equipment to clear our roads as you can see by this picture of the road in front of my house. It is difficult to tell where the road actually is. Add about another inch of sleet and freezing rain to the snow and we aren't going anywhere! (At least I am not going anywhere, DH had to work all weekend and the 30 minute drive has been taking 90 minutes)


My 22 year old son decided he wanted to relive his childhood and make a few runs down the hill in our backyard on a tobaggan he had when he was about 8 years old. I laughed my head off (from the kitchen window) as Lola would try to jump on him as he was sailing down the hill.


I ventured out to the mailbox and nearly busted it 3 or 4 times so that was the extent of my adventures in the snow. The temps dropped really low last night and the wind chill was around 2 degrees. Ziggy became quite adamant about coming inside the house. I felt bad for the poor fellow so I brought Lola's big kennel inside and set Ziggy up with a bed, litter box, food and water and he stayed inside last night. He doesn't play well with other cats and since I have 10 year old Glitter in the house, he has to be kept seperated. I don't think he minds as long as he is warm.


Lola doesn't really enjoy the snow at all. She is a little lady after all and snow is cold and makes one's feet wet. :o)

I finished the stitching on my LHN February sampler and plan to put it into a frame today. I do believe it is time to put out my Valentine's display.

Have a great Sunday everyone and stay warm and dry!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I am a firm believer that weather like this is mother nature's way of telling us to slow down and enjoy the simpler things in life!

Stay warm and safe - and enjoy being "snowed" in - "real life" will be back before you know it!

Carol said...

I still can't believe you got all that snow, Myra, and we got nothing! Love the photo of your son on the toboggan--that must have been quite a sight. I can just see your doggy yipping and running after him--so cute...

Stay warm and I hope you have lots of stitching time today :)

Ranae said...

What a great time to take advantage of some serious stitching time.
It sounds like Lola needs some booties, lol

Tracey said...

Wow, your street looks worse than ours and ours was pretty bad! I did venture out today(had to) and after I got out of our subdivision the road wasn't too bad. Luckily I wasn't going far. They have cancelled school here for tomorrow- wish I could stay home but the 1st is a busy day for us!

Crispy said...

Being stuck at home is much better than being stuck in snow. Stay warm and sit back and relax :0)

Crispy

PunkiePie said...

I hope you enjoyed the snow (from the inside) and just took the time to relax. That's what I would have done!