background

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Valentine's Day Exchange

Click to play this Smilebox collage: Valentine's Day Exchange

Becky let me know she received her package from me today. I stitched Brenda Keyes "Birds in a Bower" from The Sampler Motif Book. I used HDF 35 count linen and HDF silk floss and I finished it into a no sew cube. This was my first cube finish and I am quite happy with how it looks. I also made her a project pouch using some cute frog fabric and sent along some needles, a note pad, magnets, and a V-day lollipop. Becky seems very pleased with the exchange and that makes me happy. :o) I just mailed it yesterday so the USPS must have been working overtime to deliver it so quickly. Becky's pictures are so much better than mine so head over to her blog and take a look too.

12 comments:

Irene said...

I saw this over on Becky's blog, looks wonderful and the frog bag is cute :)

FayeRaye said...

Beautiful job Myra!!!! Becky will love this! Faye

Crispy said...

Ooo a lovely package you put together for Becky, no wonder shes so happy with it :0)

Crispy

Carol said...

I think you could make a living selling all of us stitchers your project pouches, Myra--they are just perfect for those medium and small projects! And how cute are those frog fiddlers!

Your first cube turned out beautifully--love the fancy ribbon on top. I know Becky will treasure your creations :)

Catherine said...

I just saw these over at Becky's blog! You did a fantastic job and any one would have been thankful to receive such a great gift!

Berit said...

This looks so great--wouldn't believe it was your first cube finish!

Looks like you're the first one across the finish line, Myra! Today I'm photographing mine and then it's off to the post!

PunkiePie said...

Very nice Myra!

BeckySC said...

I just love it all Miss Myra :)
Thank you again, friend :)
((hugs))

Robin said...

Myra, this looks great. Love the cube finish!!!

Andrea said...

Just seen the exchange on Becky's blog. It's a gorgeous exchange, congratulations on a wonderful finish.

Daffycat said...

Oh my, what a beautiful Valentine, Myra! A beautiful exchange!

I am DROOLING over that froggie bag!

Pumpkin said...

Well done Myra! I love the froggy pouch :o)