background

Monday, February 1, 2010

Over The Moon!

I received my Valentine's exchange from Raffaella (no blog) today and I feel as if I could just jump over the moon! I am so in awe of her stitching and finishing and can't believe I was the lucky recipient.

Everything was wrapped in pretty tissue and tied with ribbons in this bag.







The star of the show is this absolutely, fantastic, gorgeous needlebook. It is the "Austrian I" design by Bleu de Chine from the JCS Jan/Feb issue. It is stitched over one and I just can't stop looking at the little intricate stitching and finishing. I am making mental notes so maybe one day I can finish something this pretty. The back and inside is just as wonderful as the front.

She also stitched a wonderful fob (sorry I can't make blogger line the pictures up properly). I love fobs and was just thinking yesterday, I needed to make one for myself for Valentine's day. Now, I won't have to and can proudly show off this one by Raffaella. :o)





She also included lots of extra goodies including a yard of lovely Moda Valentine fabric, Valentine stickers and napkins, a magnetic list pad, two pretty DMC flosses, needles, and last but not least Triple Chocolate Premium M&M's.

I already have a plan for the fabric and can't wait to try the Bohin needles and the M&M's.
Thank you so much Rafaella for making my day and for making my Valentine's Day so special. I have never recieved such a heartfelt, beautiful gift and I will treasure it always.
Thank you also to Becky for organizing this wonderful exchange.

Now if I could just learn to take pictures that would do justice to these lovely pieces. :o)

15 comments:

BeckySC said...

Just BEEutiful, Myra :) I am so happy for you-Rafaella did such a lovely job :)
Have a great week, friend :)

Berit said...

Rafaella's work is so breathtaking! (I wish she'd keep a blog.) :D I don't think I could pick a favorite between the two!!

I actually like a bit of purple at Valentine's day; kind of spices things up. ;)

I know what you mean about taking notes on an exchange! I am making lots of notes on the pynkeepe I just got--I've never made one and so...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog--you always make my day when I get to read a blog from you. This may sound silly, but when I saw the mini ziggy you made I felt a kinship with you--"Here's a woman after my own heart!"

I'm looking forward to more Dog's Day Out--any chance you'll pick it up/post pics again soon?

Crispy said...

Wow what a wonderful package!! That needle case is just beautiful!! Lucky You :0)

Crispy

Vonna said...

What a beautiful, beautiful exchange for a very deserving young lady :) Congrats Myra!

Catherine said...

Lovely! What else can one say? Raffaella did a fantastic job and you are one lucky lady!

FayeRaye said...

Whoa!! You scored on this one!!! Love the Valentine piece..She did an awesome job!! Faye

Carol said...

You well deserve such a beautiful piece, Myra! Raffaella put together an amazing gift--just love everything in it!

Sherri said...

So glad you found a frame for the February house. I agree that it's perfect! And such a wonderful collection of gifts. The needlebook is fabulous!

PunkiePie said...

WOW! happy Valentine's Day to you, Myra! Gorgeous work and what a lucky girl you are to have received it!

Andrea said...

A gorgeous exchange.

Ranae said...

Wow! What a great exchange package and stitchy finish

Lois said...

What a gorgeous exchange package to receive. The needlebook is stunning and the fob is beautiful. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment.

Meari said...

That is beautiful!! Awesome exchange.

Daffycat said...

Oooo, it is such a gorgeous needlebook! What a wonderful exchange to receive, Myra!

Karen said...

That is beautiful! What a great exchange to receive.