background

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Seasonal Display


A few of you had asked to see my little seasonal table display. It isn't really a table - it is a vintage New Home sewing machine & cabinet that belonged to my husbands grandmother. It really works, just not as well as my Bernina. :o) So it makes a great little table for my entryway.



The wooden basket was a recent $1.00 thrift store find. The pink glass candy dish was given to me by a co-worker a couple of weeks ago - it was her grandmother's and she used it to hold buttons. Mendy said she could remember playing with that dish and the buttons when she was a little girl. :o I saw the wooden heart box on Becky's blog and fell in love with it. Don't you know when I inquired about it, that sweetie found another at her Hobby Lobby (mine didn't have any) and sent it to me. :o) And of course, you can see Raffaella's needlebook front and center. I do love all my little things and they all have a special place in my heart. :o)

18 comments:

Berit said...

What pretty pretties! I also like that "lavender scissors fob". I seem to remember you blogging about it, but can't recall if you made it or were gifted with it. I think I have that freebie; I should make it one of these days. ;)

I love that box, too! That was sweet of Becky, for sure. I'm a big fan of skeleton keys; good thing they are such a popular element lately!

Catherine said...

What a lovely display! Becky is so sweet to have sent that to you! So nice that you have such stories/memories to go with your lovelies!

Daffycat said...

Such a beautiful display! I just love the little cat! I collect wooden cats so my eye was drawn to him right off!

Carol said...

I love your Valentine's Day display, Myra! Would you believe I don't have a single stitched Valentine's piece in my house--I've given them all away! I should really remedy that after seeing all of the cute miniatures in baskets on everyone's blog--they're so inspiring.

And I love the little kitty rolling on his back :)

BeckySC said...

Aww, such a lovely display my friend :)
((hugs and Happy Valentines Day))

Shelleen said...

what a pretty display

Blu said...

What a lovely display! The wooden heart is lovely~

Ranae said...

Very pretty!!!
Happy Valentines Day!

FayeRaye said...

I love your display!! Very pretty~~~

Irene said...

Such a nice display, everything looks well together.

Lois said...

What a nice Valentine's display. Hope you had a lovely day.

Crispy said...

So many lovely things and special memories too. Thanks for sharing it with us :0)

Crispy

Kathy A. said...

What a gorgeous little table display. It puts one in the Valentine's spirit right away. congrats to the two project bag winners. Now they will share in your beautiful handwork. Have a great week my dear.

PunkiePie said...

What a lovely table display! Very festive. Are you going to change it out for St. Patty's Day too?

Vonna said...

Isn't that a darling display? I think so and I'm sure you do too ;o)

Jan said...

Your Valentine Day things are lovely--I love hearing the stories behind each one! Sweet!

Lisa said...

what a beautiful display Myra, so many pretties :)

Robin said...

Myra, i love your season display. that looks so cute!