background

Sunday, February 28, 2010

When the March Winds Doth Blow...

...then ye shall have snow. At least that is what the weather guys are saying for Tuesday. Waaaaaaahhhh! I'm cold and I want spring. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.


Wow! I can't believe it has been over a week since I posted. I have been busy. Working, watching the olympics, having a stomach bug, watching the olympics, stitching, watching the olympics. You get the idea. :o) Have these olympics been fabulous for the US or what?!

I did finish my Easter exchange and gathered all the extra goodies I want to send along. I have to be careful when putting together these exchange boxes because I feel like I am gathering stocking stuffers. Somehow I don't think my partner would appreciate a toothbrush in with her cross stitch exchange. :-o I need to find a suitable box and it will go in the mail this week.

I also finished stitching this LHN March Sampler. Why isn't it in the frame you ask? Well, in typical Myra fashion I took the glass for the frame (or so I thought), cut my foamcore, and proceeded to mount my lovely piece. After pushing in about a million and one pins, lacing the excess linen on the back, and removing February from the frame, I realized it is 1/8" too big! How did I do that??? No problem I thought. I will just find the frame that fits the glass and use it for the time being. Guess what? I do not own a frame that fits that glass. I have no idea where the glass came from, I guess the glass fairies visited and made a deposit. I told you it ain't easy being me didn't I? So until I work up the courage to remove the lacing and all those pins I will just enjoy it as is for now.

I love looking at what all are you are purchasing from the Nashville Market. Lots of pretty things being stitched for sure. I also want to thank all of you for reading my ramblings and giving me such positive feedback on my stitching and crafting. You are the best and I appreciate you more than you know. :o)

I have been working on something for a little giveaway too. :o) I hope to have it all ready to go by next weekend. Have a great week!

16 comments:

BeckySC said...

I'm cold too friend and SO ready for Spring :) I have daffodils blooming and I see daylillies ans Iris starting to break the ground :) You stay safe and warm-it looks like I will be getting snow on Tuesday :(

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your LHN piece! ADORABLE!!!

Have a great week :)
((hugs))

Catherine said...

It would seem as if the majority of us are on board the spring-time train!! I can't wait for it to arrive and to tend to my gardens.

Your LHN piece looks great! I love sheep and it definitely looks springy!

As for the glass - were you trying to fit it in a square frame? I'm asking because sometimes even though a frame is square the glass may still need to be turned a certain way.

Have a stitchy evening!

Karen said...

What a pretty design! Sorry it doesn't fit...sounds like something I would do too.

Hope we get some snow here in SC! Would love a snow day off from work.

Ranae said...

Yes! Spring sure can come anytime now.
Sorry about the glass, such a bummer, it is so very pretty though
I sure hope you can make it fit to enjoy.
toothbrush?? funny

Lois said...

Such nice Spring colours in this one to help us all think that Spring will be here soon! Very frustrating with the glass. That sounds like something that would happen to me!

FayeRaye said...

Love your March finish....laughing out loud about the glass fairy~~ It IS hard being you!~hahahaha....Have a great week and cant wait to get a peak at the giveaway~~~~ BRING ON SPRING...dont you send any of that snow to Southern Pines~~~

Carol said...

It has been such a hard and long winter for all of us, hasn't it, Myra? You guys sure have had more snow than normal just like we've had...only 3 weeks till SPRING!!!

I haven't seen the LHN March Sampler anywhere and I just love yours... Those sweet little lambs grazing and the purple flowers are so pretty. I guess you'll just have to take a big breath and re-pin and re-lace it--ugh! But, the end result will be worth it.

Have a wonderful week, Myra :)

Berit said...

Something similar happened to me when I was finishing my exchanges--It's like, "Where did that measurement come from?!" lol @ the glass fairy! Your March stitching is quite lovely, and I agree that you should enjoy it as-is for the time being! ;)

As for the stocking stuffers, toothbrushes are quite useful! :D If I were your partner I wouldn't mind getting one, lol. But it is fun adding extras, and not unlike preparing stockings!

Cari-in-VA said...

Oh, how frustrating! I have done something similar - I'm always rushing and not double checking things.

Your finish is just lovely - this is a sweet little piece to display for March.

Crispy said...

Oh Myra, I just love your March stitchery....so very cute!! Weird to have the glass and no frame, it's usually the other way around in my household LOL.

Crispy

Daffycat said...

Snow? EEEEK! I'm SO ready for spring!

Your March LHN looks awesome, even without the frame. Great stitching, Myra!

Lisa said...

Myra you march piece is lovely, I've finished Jan and Feb, but have just had a disater with feb's!
Mystery about the glass not fitting the frame, hope you can find another soon
As for snow we've just got rid off the latest downfall here in Scotland, It's forecasted for more, this cold doesn't agree with my body lol

Deb said...

I'm on that spring train too. I just can't wait until it gets here. Little by little though - it's going to be in the 40's this weekend - will feel downright balmy.

I think that your March piece is absolutely adorable. Beautiful stitching!

Kay said...

The March sampler is great! It is supposed to get into the 40's here this week. It's pretty sad when that seems warm!

Ann said...

Love the March sampler, we just need the spring weather to go with it, it's still cold here too, but it has been sunny today.

PunkiePie said...

Very nice Myra. I'm soooooo ready for Spring. So ready.