background

Sunday, March 21, 2010

An Award

A big thank you to Faye and Andrea, two wonderfully talented stitchers and bloggers for nominating me for this award.

The rules for the award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Paste the award to your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell 7 unique things about yourself. (Faye said 7, Andrea said 10 so I am going with 7) :o)
5. Nominate 7 blogs and post links.
6. Leave a comment on your nominated blogs to let them know.

So here goes - 7 unique things about me:

1. I was the drum major for my high school marching band in my senior year. I was on the rifle squad for the 3 years prior and also played clarinet, bass clarinet, and alto clarinet in concert band.
2. I once owned a Harley Davidson Sportster. I bought it when the boys were 5 years old because DH had a Super Glide and all 4 of us couldn't ride one motorcycle. I love to ride and still renew my motorcycle license in the hope that one day I will own another one.
3. I dabbled in showing horses when I was in middle and high school. I liked the "speed" events - fastest horse around the track and barrel racing.
4. I was a steadfast quilter before this latest love affair with cross stitch. I cross stitched in the late 70's and early 80's and then the quilting bug bit. I have only started cross stitching again in the last 2 years.
5. I have always lived in North Carolina and to be honest with you I don't really want to live anywhere else. Unless I become a millionaire. Then I might want to live on one of those white sandy beaches where the cute cabana boys bring you drinks with those colorful little umbrellas.
6. I am an office manager at an animal hospital. I really love what I do although it can be quite stressful at times.
7. My cousin and I won a dance contest at our local YMCA when I was 11 years old. The song? Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas. ROFLOL at that memory!

Now I am supposed to nominate 7 bloggers. You are all beautiful bloggers to me so please accept this award if you like. I have enjoyed reading and learning more about several of you too! I'll warn you though - it is tough to come up with those 7 things.

8 comments:

Tracey said...

You deserve it Myra! And guess what? I've given you another, different award! Please stop by my blog to accept it! :)

FayeRaye said...

ROFLOL~~ you go girl~~~~ And from another North Carolinian, I am a CAROLINA girl too~~~ Enjoyed your seven comments and I was happy to nominate you~~~ Have a great week, Faye

Crispy said...

I loved finding out those 7 things about you. I never figured you for a biker babe ROFL.

Crispy

Carol said...

I loved reading your seven things (I need to work on getting mine together and getting them posted, too--I am so far behind on blogging stuff!)...

Guess what, Myra--I played alto clarinet in my high school concert band, too!!! We had no marching band then... And my youngest son was--just like you--the drum major for his marching band his senior year! Music has always been a strong part of my family's life (although I doubt if I could even manage a simple scale on the clarinet anymore!).

Catherine said...

Loved reading your seven things! I was in the band too - flute and piccolo!

If you hear "Kung Fu Fighting" do you think you could recreate the dance?

Berit said...

I lol'ed at imagining you and cousin's dance to that music. :D

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations on your award!

Cari-in-VA said...

How lovely that you won this award! Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself with all of us. That 7 things wasn't easy for me either. I'm with you on the white sandy beaches and the cute cabana boys (ha, my husband is not amused).

Enjoy your weekend!