A big thank you to Faye and Andrea, two wonderfully talented stitchers and bloggers for nominating me for this award.
The rules for the award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Paste the award to your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell 7 unique things about yourself. (Faye said 7, Andrea said 10 so I am going with 7) :o)
5. Nominate 7 blogs and post links.
6. Leave a comment on your nominated blogs to let them know.
So here goes - 7 unique things about me:
1. I was the drum major for my high school marching band in my senior year. I was on the rifle squad for the 3 years prior and also played clarinet, bass clarinet, and alto clarinet in concert band.
2. I once owned a Harley Davidson Sportster. I bought it when the boys were 5 years old because DH had a Super Glide and all 4 of us couldn't ride one motorcycle. I love to ride and still renew my motorcycle license in the hope that one day I will own another one.
3. I dabbled in showing horses when I was in middle and high school. I liked the "speed" events - fastest horse around the track and barrel racing.
4. I was a steadfast quilter before this latest love affair with cross stitch. I cross stitched in the late 70's and early 80's and then the quilting bug bit. I have only started cross stitching again in the last 2 years.
5. I have always lived in North Carolina and to be honest with you I don't really want to live anywhere else. Unless I become a millionaire. Then I might want to live on one of those white sandy beaches where the cute cabana boys bring you drinks with those colorful little umbrellas.
6. I am an office manager at an animal hospital. I really love what I do although it can be quite stressful at times.
7. My cousin and I won a dance contest at our local YMCA when I was 11 years old. The song? Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas. ROFLOL at that memory!
Now I am supposed to nominate 7 bloggers. You are all beautiful bloggers to me so please accept this award if you like. I have enjoyed reading and learning more about several of you too! I'll warn you though - it is tough to come up with those 7 things.