background

Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's Berry Time!


Theirs...

Mine!

There is nothing quite like the first local strawberries of the season. It is a little early here but the farmers are saying we have had such nice weather they are coming in early. Color me berry happy. :o) I think I like theirs better than mine right now.

I was inspired by Terri's strawberries and decided to give it a go at making a few of my own. I filled these with crushed walnut shells and am not happy with the caps just yet but I had fun making them. I have about 10 more cut out so I can practice on perfecting the caps. LOL

My May/June LHN Samplers have arrived but I have picked up Where My Heart Blooms again. I am on a roll for now and enjoying the stitching in this one so I don't want to put it down just yet. It may be June before the May sampler is ready but that is okay with me. Since WMHB is a larger piece for me I better keep going while it is inspiring me. I tire easily with anything larger than 60 x 60 stitches, I like that almost instant gratification you know, and I would really like to finish WMHB by the end of the summer.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

15 comments:

BeckySC said...

They are Berry cute :) LOL! Seriously they are adorable :)

Sharlotte said...

These are fabulous Myra! I have been thinking about stitching yet another strawberry as a gift, but I like the fabric idea.... wheels are turnin'! Now about your last post.... I do use coupons when I have ones that I know I will really use. I try not to use ones for things I don't normally buy UNLESS there is one for something I have been wanting to try anyway. Do you ever go to Miserly Moms, The Dollar Stretcher, or mygrocerydeals.com sites?

Kathy A. said...

Very very cute girl! You continue to amaze me!

Berit said...

I love both of these berries! :D

Fresh Strawberries are a favorite of mine. :)

I think you're right to continue on a large thing if you've got Mojo for it right now. You've been "ahead" for the months for a while, so there's no problem with dropping back a bit. I know you've got what it takes to finish the race in the end. :)

Lois said...

I love strawberries, they're one of my favourite fruits. Too early yet here for the real strawberries. Great pics of both types of berries! Your stitched ones are cute. Enjoy stitching on Where My Heart Blooms.

Crispy said...

Your berries are very sweet. I like the caps on the ones to the right.

Crispy

Carol said...

I think your berries look wonderful, Myra--both kinds!! Unfortunately, all I can do is admire them--would you believe I'm allergic to strawberries! It is so hard to be me this time of year :)

I know what you mean about larger pieces...I, too, love the feeling of a quick finish. Can't wait to see your progress on Where My Heart Blooms! It is such a pretty sampler.

Deb said...

Those strawberries are wonderful. I've got some cut out myself, but no time to stitch them right now. But they look as yummy as the real thing.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh Myra, your strawberries are really neat! Love the Real ones too. Especially if they are dipped in chocolate! :)
What did you use to make the caps? Maybe you can make them from felt.
Hugs

Kay said...

All of the strawberries look great! The berries in the store just can't compare. Have a great weekend.

Catherine said...

Your berries look great to me!!

Have you seen Paulette Stewart and her mom started a cooking blog --- you have to check it out and get the strawberry muffin recipe -- yum!

Too funny - my word verification is hieni - as in, keep eating muffins and I'll get a bigger one!!

Cari-in-VA said...

Love your strawberries - they are just so sweet! I bet the crushed walnuts really work well.

Enjoy your weekend

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Your strawberries turned out great, Myra! I love the fabrics you chose! I'm felting a wool sweater to make some more tonight! - love 'em!

Sherri said...

I love strawberries!! Yours are beautiful and displayed so nicely with the buttons in a perfect dish. I haven't tried making strawberries yet, but it's on my list.

PunkiePie said...

Very cute strawberries, Myra! Now I want a big bowl to snack on. Off to go raid the fridge... :)