background

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Playing Catch Up

It has been a rough week. Even Lola thinks so. :o) In the week that we have 3 days with 90 degree temperatures our heat pump decides to quit. I will admit, I am spoiled and when it is 85 degrees inside the house I don't function well. Sleeping this week was nearly impossible for me which made for some crazy days at work. It didn't help that the repair estimate is $1,400.00 either. I know there are much worse things that could happen but these unexpected repairs really knock me for a loop. It has cooled considerably now. Our high yesterday was 65 and our low last night was 37. Gotta love that unpredictable NC weather!
I did manage to get a few things planted in the
garden. I put in lettuce, broccoli, and bell pepper plants and planted seeds for basil, cilantro, spinach, and leaf lettuce. I am hoping my seeds sprout and my plants do well. Our pollen counts in this area are the highest we have ever seen. Everything is coated with yellow/green powder - even Ziggy. That crazy cat roams the fields and comes home just covered in pollen.
I did manage a tiny bit of stitching this week but most of it was for exchanges so they have to remain secret for now.
I plan to tidy up a bit in my sewing room today in hopes of having some finishes to show tomorrow. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend - that is my plan!

8 comments:

Julianne said...

Myra,

I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected expense. Those are never pleasant, but that is a whopper!

Your garden is looking good. I wish you a good harvest.

Daffycat said...

OUCH $1400 is quite a repair bill!

Catherine said...

I've had quite a few of those unexpected bills as well - mine were smaller, but all together they add up quickly!!

Hot and cool days occuring here in PA as well - along with the pollen!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Owwwieee what a repair bill and nasty surprise!

Crispy said...

Sometimes repair bills are worth it, especially when it has to do with heat or AC. I like being comfortable LOL.

Crispy

Karen said...

Hope you have a better week! This pollen is killing me...thank goodness we got some rain on Thursday that offered a little relief.

Hope you get to stitch this week!

Carol said...

Oh, Myra, I'm so sorry to read about your heat pump conking out on you! I'll bet you were just miserable...And I thought we had it bad with some 85 degree days here! Our AC broke at the library, too, and after 10 days it is still not fixed. We just sat there during those hottest days listless and sweaty at the Reference Desk!

Hope your pollen counts get better--do you have allergy problems? Poor little Ziggy--I'll bet he doesn't like baring a resemblance to Kermit the Frog, does he?

Berit said...

Ah, poor you! I hate no AC! It was in the early 90's for 2 days before I broke down and put the air on here last week.

I just had a funny image of you "updating" mini-ziggy to reflect his namesake's outdoor "pollenification" by sprinkling him with a parmesan cheese shaker, lol!! ;)

I must need some sleep. :P