background

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Red,White,& Blue

"4th of July - Quaker Style
HDF 35 ct Mystery Linen
DMC Blanc, 498, & 311
Signing up for the 4th of July exchange on the Holiday Exchange Blog reminded me that I don't have much in the way of patriotic stitching to display in July. I remembered this lovely freebie from Aury and my next distraction was born. :o)

I first thought about mounting it on a heart shaped pillow but in the end decided a star shape suited it better. I am not sure I am happy with the bow treatment, I first tried a red organza ribbon but it seemed too fancy. I will live with this one for a day or two and then decide if I want to change it. The stitched piece is finished and attached with brads so if I want to take it off and frame it or finish it into an ornament I can do so easily.
Back to the sewing room! I will leave you with the obligatory, gratuitous closeup. :o)

15 comments:

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Darling finish! Great job all around!

Daffycat said...

*happy dance* This finish turned out FANTASTIC!!! I love it, Myra. Now I wonder what you are gonna stitch for the exchange?

Carol said...

That is a great finish, Myra! I love it just as is :)

BeckySC said...

What a great finish my friend!! I just LOVE it :)GREAT work :)

Cari-in-VA said...

What a great finish - I hope it's cooler at your house today.

Ranae said...

Super nice finish, love it.

Bonnie said...

What a fantastic finish!

Catherine said...

Looks great - I'd leave it!

Robin said...

Myra, you are SO talented. i love this!!!!

Julianne said...

Myra,

It looks wonderful. That star shaped pillow is just the perfect backdrop for you lovely stitching.

Berit said...

I think this is just wonderful! The star is a great complement, and I love that close-up 'cause it shows how tastily dimensional your stitches are--yummy! :D

Kathy A. said...

Lovely piece and I love how you finished it!

Crispy said...

I really like the bow you are using, it doesn't distract from this pretty little piece.

Crispy

Jan said...

Love the star---very nice piece for 4th of July!

Gayle said...

That is fantastic. I love the finish. The Star pillow is perfect. You do lovely work.