background

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

She shoots...

SHE SCORES!

And the crowd goes wild! :o)



I decided to stop in my local Goodwill today and boy was I glad I did. Let me introduce you to "Plain Jane". I almost overlooked her as she was stacked between two glass plates. I have been on a quest for one of these flower frogs for about 6 months and I was practically dancing in the aisles when I found her. I was even happier when I saw the .99 cent price tag. And...sitting on the same shelf was a little .99 cent candy dish which makes a perfect base. I know I don't have a lot of pretty scissors to display in her but this will help me keep the few I have corralled in one (pretty) place. It makes me happy. :o)

Now, will I stop looking for flower frogs everywhere I go? Nope! I would like to have another one and I know there are lots of you out in blogland who would like to have one as well. The quest continues...

19 comments:

Catherine said...

Plain Jane isn't so plain with all of your pretties adorning her!

Ranae said...

Oh! Myra!
I am so happy for you, what an awesome find.
Enjoy!!!

Cari-in-VA said...

Myra-Congratulations. I too have been looking for one of these pieces, to no avail. Yours is wonderful.

Bonnie said...

Lucky You. Seems everyone is looking for these now a days.

Looks so pretty.

Kathy A. said...

And here I was lamenting cause I only found a plain one with no base. That will teach me - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thanks for the valuable lesson

Berit said...

Congrats, Myra! It does a great job showing off your pretty fobs, too. :)

FayeRaye said...

Now, you have to find me one~~~ I too am on the search...I will send moola to you~~lol, WAY TO GO~~~

Carol said...

Oh, you are the queen of bargains, Myra! I love it and I think I'm moving to North Carolina so I can find these great deals, too :)

Crispy said...

Hooray!! Those flower frogs are so very hard to find and certainly not at 99 cents!!

Crispy

Tommye said...

Love it when those little gems just jump out and grab you! It's lovely with all your scissors and pretty fobs.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Awesome! Check out the black topped one I have on my blog today. It's an addiction!

Daffycat said...

*gasp* It's beautiful, Myra! What an awesome find! Alas, my quest is yet unfulfilled...

Deb said...

Being the queen of flower frogs (that's what someone called me), I think that you got an excellent score at the Goodwill. That is one place that I haven't been able to find one. And good for you in finding a bowl for it.

Sherry said...

Congratulations!! I have been searching and searching for one with no luck! Enjoy it!

Conny said...

It's great that you find the frog. So happy for you. I try to find it too. I don't think we have scissors frogs here.

Jan said...

What a great idea for showing off your neat scissors---I'm going to have to join the crowd in finding one!! I had an antique one, but it got "lost" in one of our many moves---):

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

What a great find for that price. I just looked on Ebay and they have a few for 99 cents too. Others are a bit pricey.
Hugs

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oooh lucky you! What a great flower frog!

Lynn W. said...

What a clever idea and what a great holder for cute scissors that is. Now you need to add those to your looking for list.