background

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy May!

Happy May everyone! Thank you so much for your comments on my last post. I haven't had time to respond to each of you but please know I really appreciate your visits.

It is supposed to be 90 degrees here today with 81% humidity. Sounds like a nice day to stay in the AC and stitch, doesn't it? You can see my progress on Where My Heart Blooms. Now that I have all that solid stitching done on the house, I am hoping the rest will move along a little faster.
The Four Seasons Cafe blog has a recipe for these Strawberry Muffins and since I am all about fresh Strawberries all the time now I just had to make them. Let me just say they are dee-licious!
My garden is growing despite the fact that we haven't had any significant rain lately. I am even seeing some blooms on the tomato plants. It seems a little early for them to be blooming but I guess we will just have to wait and see if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Since I have been spending so much time in the garden and will be spending even more time there in May, Mini Ziggy is all about gardening this month. :o) It seems I don't have any garden themed cross stitched pieces so I will have to add that to my list of things to stitch. I did find a couple of fabric postcards I made as well as the one with the watering can made by my friend Sheila. It is one of my favorite postcards. I tried my hand at drying some of my thyme and added a bunch of it to the display. I also made the little fabric bird that is perched on Mini Ziggy's hat.
I am off now to go outside and paint a couple of things I found for displaying needlework and such. I hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

12 comments:

Sharlotte said...

Love all the garden pics! Yes! The rest of the stitching for this will go faster. You've made wonderful progress so far!

Carol said...

"Where My Heart Blooms" is coming along beautifully, Myra...I'm sure you're really enjoying stitching it.

Wow, your garden is amazing--we just have teeny, tiny little lettuces and peas coming up so far. Spent yesterday reinforcing the "compound"/garden to prevent any further deer invasions!

Mini Ziggy is so cute with his pack of catnip by his side :) Enjoy your nice sunny day (it is raining up this way).

Daffycat said...

Whew ~ you jumped right into Summer, no wonder your tomatos are blooming! The Garden looks wonderful as does the Ziggy!

Cari-in-VA said...

Oh,that house bored me to tears! But,I am so glad that I persevered - it is a beautiful piece.

I made the strawberry muffins last weekend and my husband and I ate all of them. I tried the blackberry muffins yesterday - the strawberry are still my favorite.

Enjoy your day!

Ranae said...

Wonderful garden pics.
The BBD is looking great
Happy May!!!

Berit said...

I love that house! Looking so good. :)

I see that Mini-Ziggy already knows what he wants to grow in his garden, lol!

I also love strawberries, but only fresh. I wonder if I'd like that muffin recipe, then.

Julianne said...

Congratulations on getting that house filled in.

Your garden is looking good.

Deb said...

Your piece is looking wonderful so far. I remember that house seeming to take forever to stitch, and then the rest went fast.

I'm going to have to try those strawberry muffins. Michigan's strawberry season is about a month away and we'll have tons to do something with!

Catherine said...

Love your progress. I have this one do hopefully one day get started and finished!

Your garden looks great and I love how Ziggy is all decked out!

FayeRaye said...

Been in Greensboro since Thurs at teachers conference...YOU have been busy~ Love all your posts...YUMMY strawberries too~~~ Faye

Lois said...

Lovely progress on Where My Heart Blooms! Those strawberry muffins look yummy!!!!!

Crispy said...

Oooo the Where My Heart Blooms is going to be a pretty piece!! Ziggy looks very happy that it's spring time too LOL

Crispy