background

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I have been RAK'd!

And I am so excited!!! When I opened my mailbox yesterday there was a large envelope from Raffaella. Raffaella was my partner in the Valentine Holiday exchange and sent me the most wonderful box of goodies for that exchange.

She had emailed me a few days ago and said she discovered that she had two copies of the Shores of Hawk Run Hollow chart and asked if I would like to have one of them. I couldn't believe that she was offering to give me this chart. I was all teary eyed when I realized what was inside the envelope in my mailbox. I have wanted this chart since the first time I saw it but wasn't sure if I could ever work up the nerve to stitch something this size. It will fit perfectly with the color scheme in my house and now that I have the chart in my hands, I am in love with it all over again. I am hoping Raffaella and I can do a stitch along together as she said she really wants to stitch it soon as well.

Raffaella I can't thank you enough for your generosity in gifting me with this chart. I feel so blessed to have "met" you through the Holiday Exchange Blog and blessed to have so many wonderful online friends. :o)

20 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you, Myra--I know how much you've wanted this! What a generous, generous friend you have in Raffaella... Looking forward to see your start!

Karen said...

What a wonderful gift! Can't wait to see your progress...happy stitching

Sharlotte said...

Holy cow Myra! Good for you!

PunkiePie said...

What a wonderful gift indeed! I can't wait to see your progress on it, Myra.

Cari-in-VA said...

What a wonderful gift - I know you can stitch this and it will be lovely!

Berit said...

How awesome is that!? What a blessing! This is an awesome piece (I think Shores is my favorite HRH).

In any case, you can DEFINITELY do it! Like anything else, it's one stitch at a time, right? :)

Berit said...

P.S. A SAL sounds like so much fun for this! A long, but fun voyage! :D

Lois said...

What a lovely gift to receive. A SAL would be the perfect to work on this.

FayeRaye said...

What an awesome RAK~~~ I know you will enjoy this chart!! And, she is the best friend ever sharing with you.... That is amazing~ Enjoy, Faye

Crispy said...

Ooooo what a wonderful project, I love nautical themes!! What a lovely giftie :0)

Crispy

Conny said...

Enjoy your present! So sweet of Raffaela. It's really a great chart.

Tracey said...

What a wonderful gift! I love all the HRH charts but have never gotten any.. can't wait to see yours stitched up!

Catherine said...

How wonderful for you Myra!! I love those HRH patterns, but haven't ever purchased any.

Kay said...

What a great surprise! Enjoy every stitch of that beautiful design!

Daffycat said...

OMG You are so lucky! What an AWESOME RAK!!!!

Ranae said...

What a wonderful RAK, lucky you!!
Happy Stitching Shores!!!

Kathy A. said...

Wonderful gifts for wonderful people. I have this one too. A SAL one day?

Julianne said...

Myra,

What a wonderful gift from a friend! I'm sure that it will make it an even more special project for you.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Wonderful gift, Myra!
Have fun stitching it.
Hugs

Robin said...

woohoo!!! that is an awesome gift. If you decide to do a SAL...please let me know. I have this chart also and would love some encouragement to stitch it. its' HUGE!!!!