background

Saturday, May 29, 2010

In The Garden

A hydrangea that was here when we bought the house but hasn't bloomed until this year.
I just love these colors.
The second head of broccoli that will be harvested this weekend. We ate the first one earlier this week and it was so good steamed with just a little butter.

My favorite fruit in the garden - German Johnson Tomato!


Now one can't truly have a garden without a helper in the background. Can they?

Wide shot, with garden guardian high upon the hill. :o)
Wishing you all a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Please take a moment to remember those in our military who have fought and are still fighting for our safety and freedom.

7 comments:

Berit said...

Beautiful, Myra! I've had home-grown tomatoes but never broccoli! I bet it was just so good. Lola looks like such a sweet guardian--not a digger at all! :D

I love these cute square plots!

Have a great weekend! I've just finished wrapping up my Summer exchange so I think I'll scoot over to the post and launch it a bit early for the overseas voyage it must make!

Happy finishing and have a great weekend!

Karen said...

Mmmm....that broccoli looks good. What time is dinner again?

Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

pollyanna said...

Wow the garden is really growing! We just planted a few things. That broccoli looks delish!

Faye said...

I should have left SCity and took a left and headed your way.....Brocolli is so good...now when will that mater be ripe???
Have a good one, Faye

Sherri said...

Love your little garden . . . and your helper, too!

Crispy said...

Lovely garden Myra! I love my broccoli with butter and a little parmesan cheese :0)

Crispy

Carol said...

Wow! You already have broccoli and a tomato!! Impressive. We barely have our lettuce up yet, Myra... Your garden looks beautiful!