background

Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's been a while...

Hello! Remember me? :o) It has been a busy couple of weeks here and I haven't had much time for anything besides work, cooking, cleaning, and sleep! I had been plugging along at my LHN Monthly Samplers until I made a major miscount on May, became thoroughly frustrated with it, and set it aside and started June. That will show May, won't it? LOL I know when I frog the errors of my stitching I won't have enough floss to finish so I decided to move along to June. Once it is finished and May is frogged I will be able to tell just how short I will be floss wise. I may substitute the offending green floss for the June sampler but for now I am just stitching along with the other colors.

I managed to spend a bit of time at the sewing machine and made this ocean themed tote bag for Raffaella. Since she was so kind in sending me the Shores of HRH chart AND she will be needing something to hold all her flosses and such when she starts to kit hers up for stitching I wanted to make her a special bag. I also made her a little zipper pouch to go inside as well as a keychain/fob from some of the scraps. I had a little mariner's compass charm which I attached to the zipper pull to complete the seafaring theme. She already has it in her hands and seems to be thrilled with it and that makes me happy. :o)

We have had rain on and off for the past 4 days here and my garden is growing like crazy. I hope the sun will come out long enough for me to take a picture today. I have been harvesting lettuce and should have a head of broccoli ready in the next few days.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend and manage to make time for some stitching. That is my plan for the rest of the day. :o)

21 comments:

Carol said...

Your bags and pouches are always so perfect, Myra! I'm sure Rafaella will think of you each time she pulls out Shores to work on...

We've had rain and dreary weather here most of the week, too. Wish our garden was as far along as yours--enjoy your harvest :)

Faye said...

Good to hear from you Myra!!! The bag and pouch is absolutely darling! And, if you find you are short on the floss once you get to frogging May, just let me know...I more than likely have some of what you need and happy to shoot it to you quickly!!! So, please send me an email....Enjoy your Sunday.../take time for yourself~~ Faye

Cole said...

Dratted frogs!! They're so frustrating, especially when they'll leave you short in the floss department! Your bags are just lovely, and very much appreciated I can assure you :)

Enjoy your Sunday!

Karen said...

Your bag and pouch are great....Raffaella must be over the moon!

Sorry about the frog....what do expect with all that rain! Happy stitching and gardening this weekend.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

What a great, big, bag and sweet, little bag, too! Rafaella will be thrilled. Sorry about the frogging - I hate when that happens!

Cari-in-VA said...

Oh, I hate it when I have to pull stitches out - boohiss!

Love your bags - I am sure Rafaella will be so pleased.

Berit said...

Great work as usual! What a great idea for a thank-you gift! :D Glad to hear you're doing well, and have a great Stitching Day! :D

Irene said...

Great bag and pouch. I just hate it when the frog picks a color you might not have enough of !

Conny said...

Love the bag and pouch. I use the pouch you send to me every day for my stitchingpiece.

Catherine said...

What a great set and great way to say thank you! I love the pouch you sent me! It holds my stitching tools and travels with me!

Marie-P said...

What a nice tote bag/pouch.

Frogging...Grrrrr!

Amy said...

The tote & baf are wonderful Myra - great job as usual! We've finally got some rain here in SC - thank goodness. Just don't want any of the severe weather. My dad has a HUGE garden this year - he plans to sell produce - and we've had fresh squash & cucumbers a couple of times already, it sure is good. The spinach/lettuce didn't do too well because it's just been too hot this year and very dry, even though he has irrigation. Good luck with your garden & I hope the sun comes out for you today!!

PunkiePie said...

Wonderful job Myra! Very nice treat you created for your friend.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow!!! I love the stitching bag and project bag you made! How cool!

Kathy A. said...

Gorgeous bag and tote Myra. Lucky girl.
I so understand that frogging issue. I hope the suckers have hopped off somewhere else and you are free to stitch now.

Deb said...

Love your bag and little pouch. What a wonderful gift for your friend.

Ugh on the frogging. You always feel like you stitched for nothing when you have to rip it out. Our time is so precious that it shouldn't be used for frogging - but we all do it!

JOLENE said...

Sorry to hear that the dreaded frog visited you, bummer!! I don't have to frog very often, but when I do, I usually put the project down and move on. So frustrating!

I like your new tote and bags, she will love them, I know, I have some from you!!! You're so sweet.

Smiles....

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

Thanks for visiting my blog again!
I am feeling a bit better but I really don't like having creative slumps. :(
Love the tote and little bag that you made for your friend. I am sure she will love them.
Hugs

Xangles said...

Howdy, stranger. Good to hear you're keeping busy. Love your stitching bags and your summer garden. Save some broccoli for me. I eat heaps of that veggie {hugs} Pokua

Xangles said...

Howdy, stranger. Good to hear you're keeping busy. Love your stitching bags and your summer garden. Save some broccoli for me. I eat heaps of that veggie {hugs} Pokua

Daffycat said...

Well, what is it with May stitching and frogging this year? Must be something in the air!

Lovely presents for Raffaella!