background

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Exchange

"Honeysuckle Harmony"
Samplers & Such
HDF 35 ct Mystery Linen / DMC floss


I had Raffaella as my partner in the Summer Holiday Exchange and decided to stitch this Honeysuckle piece and finish it as a long pillow for her. I was inspired by the Honeysuckle blooming all around my house this time of year and thought it a fitting theme for a summer exchange. There was a pattern for a matching fob as well and I added Rafaella's intial over 1 to the back.

I was thrilled to have Raffaella as my partner because she had spoiled me so well with the Valentine's exchange she sent to me. I stuffed her package with some extra goodies just as she did mine. :o)

I want to thank you all for the wonderful get well wishes. Your comments always make me smile. This mess has really kicked me in the rear. The medications from the doctor can kick in anytime now as this is my 4th day out of work and I still feel awful. I have laryngitis on top of everything else which is really aggravating. When I called in to work, they didn't recognize my voice nor could they understand half of what I was saying! The upside is that I am making good progress on the stitching of my July sampler. :o) I need to hurry and finish it so I can start on August! LOL

9 comments:

K-G Knitter said...

What a lovely exchange piece! I'm sure your partner will be thrilled to receive it!

Sharlotte said...

I am sorry that you are still feeling cruddy.Glad that you at least feel like being creative! Take care and get well soon!

Berit said...

Whew! They couldn't recognize or understand you?

That's some cold. Ugh! Yay for June! Horray for August!

I think this is such a good piece to go along with "Honeysuckle Season". :)

Deb said...

What a wonderful exchange piece. I'm sure that Raffaella loved it.

Wow, you do sound like you have a doozie of a cold. Take good care of yourself - rest and stitch. Can't think of anything better.

Daffycat said...

Yuck, I hate when I lose my voice...which is every freakin' time I catch cold! I hope the medications kick in and you are on the mend. *hugs*

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

Oh sorry to hear you are under the weather now. :( Hope you get better really soon. Your friend will be really happy when she gets your gifts. They are gorgeous. :)
Sending healing hugs!

Blu said...

Gorgeous finish! I just love that yellow and green combo.

Sorry to hear that you're under the weather. Hope you get better soon.

Carol said...

Boy, you really got hit, didn't you, Myra! I hate losing my voice and I know how impossible it is to work with no voice... I really hope you're feeling better by the weekend.

I'm sure Rafaella loved her long pillow--it is a beauty :) How nice to have an exchange go so nicely...

Crispy said...

What a pretty pillow!! She's going to be so pleased.

Maybe you should have e-mailed in sick instead of trying to call...you poor thang!!

Crispy