background

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tasty!

Yesterday we picked the first blackberries of the season. These grow wild on the unoccupied property next door and the owner has given us free reign to the property. The bushes are absolutely loaded so I expect some freezing of berries will be in order.









It didn't take long for the pile you see above to be mixed up with batter, baked, and transformed into this cobbler.











An hour later with a bit of whipped cream and they became this yummy concoction. :o)














This morning I harvested a basket of lettuce along with some basil, oregano, and Italian Parsley. I have spaghetti sauce in the crock pot and we are well on our way to Sunday supper.














I hope you are all having a splendid weekend. Several severe thunderstorms rolled through here last night which kept us awake until around 2 am. I think a long nap might be in order for the afternoon. :o)



10 comments:

Berit said...

Gorgeous! I don't think that cobbler could be prettier, and yay for a Ziggy appearance! :D

What pretty greens, as well!

Cole said...

Mmmmm... looks like good eats at your house today!! Those blackberries look delicious!

Ranae said...

Yumo!!!
I wouuld love to go pick some myself, but I already have poision ivy/oak, not fun!

Wilma NC said...

That cobbler actually made my mouth water!!!!

JOLENE said...

That cobbler looks yummy!!! I love blackberries on cottage cheese with a little sweetener. Very refreshing. Blackberry jam, blackberry pie, ahhhhh!!!!!

Deb said...

Oh do those berries and cobbler look wonderful! They're really making me drool!!

Carol said...

Oh, that looks delicious, Myra! My dad's favorite was always blackberry pie for his birthday so seeing them always reminds me of him.

We're just beginning to pick our lettuce this month--so nice to be able to walk outside and grab a bunch of dinner, isn't it?

Amy said...

Oh geez Myra, I'm so jealous! There isn't anywhere around here to pick blackberries. We used to do that often when I was a kid in NC... "those were the days". I'd LOVE to have some fresh blackberries, even if I did have to fight the chiggers to get them! ;-)

ENJOY!!

PunkiePie said...

YUM!!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

Here I am salivating over the blackberry cobbler. :) Yummy!
You are blessed to be able to harvest lettuce and all the other wonderful things from your backyard.

Hugs