background

Monday, June 7, 2010

A treat

Thank you for all the sweet comments on my tomato pincushions and on sweet Lola. I really appreciate your visits and love it when you take the time to comment.

Last week I received a small bonus at work and instead of spending it on groceries or to pay bills as I usually do I decided to treat myself to these Gingher Freedom scissors. I was surprised to find they were still available and at a great price.

Now you know I can't allow such a pretty pair of scissors to lie around nekkid so I stitched up this Prairie Schooler Freebie and finished it into a fob. As you can see, I added my initials to the back as well as a beaded tassel. I am just thrilled with the way it finished and am really going to enjoy displaying it with my other patriotic things for the 4th of July.





"Prairie Schooler Freebie"
35 ct HDF Mystery Linen - DMC fibers

15 comments:

BeckySC said...

Oh MY!! I love those scissors!!! And they look even BETTER with your beautifully stitched fob :)
(hugs)

Berit said...

YGG! This is great work! :D What a busy bee you've been lately, lol!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Awesome job, Myra! I love that PS finish - I know I have the card - now I gotta go do it!

Daffycat said...

Ha! The bills will still be there next week but stash is a must-have-now, right?

Oh my, oh my...I love your new scissor fob! It looks fantastic with those adorable Ginghers!

Carol said...

Those scissors are a perfect complement to your lovely fob, Myra...

And what a nice feeling to receive a cash bonus (one I've never experienced because the library is so poor all we get is an apple at Christmas time--seriously!! One little apple!)...

Sharlotte said...

Oh goodness Myra, I'm swealing at those scissors!! The fob is just perfect for them!!

Faye said...

Those scissors were shouting out for this cute fob!! Wonderful job!!

Catherine said...

Love the scissors!! What a perfect choice for the fob!! Nicely done.

Irene said...

Such a nice treat for yourself, the fob looks great !

Lois said...

How nice to get a bonus in work and the perfect way to spend it, on a treat for yourself. Love the fob and scissors.

Crispy said...

Oooo great scissors and LOVE the fob!!

Crispy

Cole said...

Congrats on the bonus :) And the scissors & fob look great!

Deb said...

That fob is the perfect compliment for those scissors! You did a wonderful job!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

That is fantastic that you treated yourself like that and what a wonderful little outfit you made for those scissors!!!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

Love all your lovely things you have recently done. This scissor fob is lovely. You are already for the 4 TH of July! :)
Hugs