background

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Canning, Stitching, and A Winner

Whew! I have been busy today. Well, this evening anyway. I pulled the last of 7 half pints of salsa out of the canner at 9:30 tonight. Did you know that salsa is the #1 condiment in America? I didn't either but I read that somewhere recently, forgive me but I can't remember where.

I hope to put the finishing stitches in Wash Day before I head off to bed tonight so no picture until it is done. It really is turning out to be a pretty piece and will look great framed and on the wall.

And now the winner of my Christmas in July package is Deborah of Cranberry Samplings! There were 21 entries in this drawing and the random number generator chose #12. Thank you to everyone who visited and entered. I enjoy reading your comments and visiting your blogs. I wish I could send each and every one of you a prize but I haven't won the lottery...yet. :o)

I hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

8 comments:

April Mechelle said...

I just know your kitchen is smelling Good !!! Can't wait to see Wash Day!

Amy said...

Congratulations Deborah - I KNOW you'll enjoy your goodies, esp. that pin cushion! :-)
Thanks again Myra from the chance!!
Have a great Sunday,
Amy

Faye said...

Congrats to Deborah!! That is a nice giveaway package Myra...I know she will love it all....Thanks for adding her link.I went straight over and signed up as a follower...Looks like the three of us share alot of the same interests in charts..

Also, thanks for the nice words you have sent to me these last couple weeks about MIL...headed back to Moore Regional this am.. YOur support means so very much!

Enjoy your Sunday, Faye

Daffycat said...

Ooooo, I love salsa. Yum!

Congratulations to Deborah!

Catherine said...

There is nothing better than homemade salsa!!

Congrats to Deborah!! Your things are so beautifully made - I know she'll love them!

Deborah said...

I am so thrilled to have won your giveaway!! I just loved everything. I am not ususally that lucky. My email is sammi916@comcast.net Thank you!!!

Pumpkin said...

I heard that as well! Mmmmmm, homemade salsa :oP

Chef Jay said...

This recipe sounds awesome. I better try it one of these days. Thanks for sharing this recipe. If you want to know more about canning salsa, feel free to check out my site.