background

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

On The Home Stretch

Hello dear friends. I am coming down the home stretch on WMHB and wanted to share a progress picture with you. Since finishing my August sampler and the little sewing room piece I have devoted all of my stitching time to this. I am hoping to have a finish this weekend. :o)
Aren't floss photos the best? I treated myself to a little bit of stash this past week. The background is a big chunk of HDF 32 ct linen that I plan to use for Shores of Hawk Run Hollow. Can anyone tell me if this looks close to the Vintage Autumn Gold used for the model? I don't have a LNS and really can't compare other than pictures on the web. I "think" this is a little lighter but within the same color family.
I saw on Kathy Barrick's blog that she was offering this chart on her Etsy site. I had seen it earlier on Deb's blog and fell in love with it but I didn't think there was any hope of getting it. My fingers couldn't move fast enough to place it in my shopping cart. LOL I just love almost anything with birds and with birds around a birdbath and letters I was doomed. The little prim scissors came from Anita's too. You can't have too many scissors, can you?
All of my orders arrived in record time and were just as I expected. It is wonderful to have received such great service from Anita, Vikki @ Hand Dyed Fibers, and Kathy.
I am off to do more stitching on WMHB. I hope you have some time today to add a stitch to something. :o)

11 comments:

Faye said...

All your shopping has been a total winner~~ LOVE everything...I saw that little diddie of a chart with the birds.......hmmmmm..... Cannot wait to see your progress on all accounts....

WMHB is absolutely stunning~~~ Excellent job Myra~!

Faye

Sharlotte said...

Wow Myra! You're WMHB is looking good! I still don't have mine framed! Someday. I can't really tell about the linen, but yes it does look lighter than what is in the cover photo of that pattern. Those pictures of models on the charts can be misleading at times.Have you seen the arrangement of Shores on Kathy Barrick's website? It's in the submitted photos section. The arrangement is different than the original. It was stitched by a man. I love the arrange and am considering that when I stitch mine.

carol fun said...

Your WMHB is wonderful! I've been trying to get my hands on this chart. I love everything about it! The Kathy Barrick chart also found it way to my house - birds and an alphabet- I was immediately in love. Enjoy your goodies - I know you'll stitch something lovely!

natalyK said...

I thnik your stash enhancement is great. The fabric you chose will definitely work. I found Autumn Gold to be really dark and too yellow. Great Choice!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

WMHB is so pretty! That is one of my favorite finishes. You got some great new stash! When Deb and I (and everyone in our guild) got that chart I didn't really think it'd be long before Kathy released it. It's a cutie! Can't wait to see your progress.

Berit said...

Awesome progress, Myra! :o

I love all your new stash--I didn't know that Anita had DMC; guess it makes sense. :D At any rate I'm glad you tried her. I don't know about the Shores linen, but I do think that one you got looks good. The shoppe I was telling you about nearby me doesn't really have any lakeside stuff, so I'm not that familiar with it IRL.

Washday looks AWESOME! :o This is another chart I'm hoping to get sometime--wonder when I'd stitch it. Great stash enhancements. :D

Conny said...

A beautiful stitchingpiece!! You did made a good choice. I ordered the same chart from CHS. Enjoy your great stash!!!

Carol said...

Oh, you're almost done, Myra! Where My Heart Blooms is looking just beautiful; in fact, it's making me want to get my chart out and get started on it!

I do love the Wash Day chart, too--so glad you were able to add it to your stash along with all of those lovely floss colors and the fabric. I think the fabric looks lighter and I like it much better than that used on the model. I'll bet you can't wait to get started on Shores!

Mary said...

Myra, Your WMHB is so pretty! Definitely a piece to take your time with. Looks like you had a good time "shopping?" Floss colors are like candy....you don't know what to choose first! What an array of color :)

Vonna said...

Oh Myra, it's looking so doggone pretty!!!! you know I have this in my stash...all kitted and ready to go....

Lois said...

You've made lovely progress on WMHB. This is such a pretty piece. Love the stash that's been arriving at your house this week.