background

Friday, July 2, 2010

Stars and Stripes

Happy Friday dear friends! This evening I feel truly blessed to have met so many wonderful friends and bloggers through the magic of the internet. After having one of the toughest weeks at work I have endured in a long time I discovered this in my mailbox this evening.


It was a random act of kindness from Carol of Stitching Dreams. I have admired Carol's intricate stitching and finishing for a long time and feel so proud and fortunate to have one of her pieces for my very own. I love everything about this little pillow from the tiny little sheep and flag to the gorgeous fabric and finishing. Please pop over to Carol's blog and take a look at some of her wonderful creations. The things she stitches over one are amazing! This is another one I will treasure forever. (Mini Ziggy says it make a fabulous addition to his display.) :o)


The backing fabric just finishes it perfectly.


On my way outside to take the pictures of Carol's pillow, I was greeted by this little visitor. I think he is a sign of a fabulous 4th of July weekend.

Thank you all for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate each and every one of you and hope you enjoy some time with family and friends this weekend. My husband and son have to work all weekend and I have to work tomorrow so no family time for us but I hope to get lots of stitch therapy in on Sunday and Monday. :o)

18 comments:

mainely stitching said...

That's a lovely stitched piece, and your little green visitor is adorable. :D

Tanya said...

What a wonderful surprise you got in today's mail!! I love that design and especially the way she finished it! Darling!

Tanya~friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

April Mechelle said...

What a lovely stitched gift! and to get it right before the 4th. Happy Stitching !

Karen said...

How cute! What a great surprise to brighten your day. Hope you have a wonderful 4th. We are acutally headed up Asheville to spend a day on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I sure hope we find cooler weather!

Bonnie said...

What a great gift you received.And just in time for the holidays.

Wow is he green?

Berit said...

What an awesome giftie! :D

I also had a much needed pick me up today (after This Week) in the form of my stash order coming in--now I have my supplies to make my autumn exchange--yippee!! :D

Have a great 4th; hope the working goes by easily so the rest can be enjoyed.

Hazel said...

Beautiful cushion but not into the insect!! Urghhh. Shudder. x

Crispy said...

Oooo the pillow is wonderful!! I heard my first cricket the other day, a true sign that summer is here.

Crispy

Faye said...

Oh yes,,,to have something made by
Carol is truly divine!!! Her work is perfect!!You totally deserve this little surprise...You are always so quick to share and give to others!! That patriotic design is one of my favorites and I know you will enjoy it for many years to come!!!

Enjoy this glorious weekend! Finally our weather here in the Carolinas is absolutely awesome!!!!

Faye

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

What a wonderful gift! I love it when something good happens just when you need it the most and I'm glad it happened for you. The pillow is very pretty.

That green (grasshopper?) is the prettiest shade of green!

Sorry you won't be having too much family time but have good stitching on Sunday and Monday.

Happy 4th, Myra!

natalyK said...

Aren't stitchy gifts the best. Only a stitcher can truly appreciate these splendid works! Love the pillow and design. I hope you have a fabulous weekend stitching -

Carol said...

I'm so happy that you like the pillow, Myra, and that it helped brighten a tough week! I loved making it for you... And even better, I loved surprising you :)

Hope next week is a better one work-wise, my friend!

Deb said...

What a wonderful gift to receive in the mail. That would definitely make you smile! Carol did a wonderful job of stitching and finishing it.

I love those green insects - I think that we call them cicadas. At certain times of the day they rub their legs together and make sounds.

Have a wonderful 4th!

Catherine said...

How sweet of Carol! Her stitching and finishing are so lovely!

Love the snap of your visitor!

Daffycat said...

Oh my, what an awesome RAK! I just love the little frayed fabric bow. Carol is just amazing!

Did you catch Mr. Grasshopper and make him spit tobacco juice?

Jane said...

Sorry to hear you'd had a rotten week at work but what a lovely pick-me-up to receive a stitched gift and at such an appropriate time. WOW! how green is your little visitor, not something we see very often here in the UK but love to listen to them at nighttime when we are in Florida.
Happy Stitching times for Sunday and Monday x x x

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a great gift its adorable!

PunkiePie said...

What a wonderfuly surprise! Love the bug too. :)