background

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rub-A-Dub-Dub

"Wash Day"
Carriage House Samplings
30 ct WDW Baby's Breath/DMC as charted

The final stitches were added late last night. It was only after awakening this morning that I realized I didn't stitch the "e". Arrgggh! Actually, I am pretty happy that I noticed it before I took a picture and posted it here - that is when I usually discover that I left out a few stitches. (Looking anxiously at my photo now to make sure all is well.) The only change I made was to stitch the "m" and the "s" in the darker terracotta floss to subtly make my initials prominent. This was a fast, fun stitch. Now the hunt is on for a suitable frame.

Last weekend, Carol of The Polka Dot Chicken contacted me concerning my WMHBlooms chart. It seems she has been trying to purchase or trade for this chart for quite some time. I could certainly relate as I looked and bid on ebay for a while before I was able to get mine. I could tell she wanted to stitch it as much as I did when I was in search of this elusive chart. We were able to work out a trade and I am just thrilled with what she offered me in exchange.

I have wanted this book since it first came out and it surely didn't disappoint me. There are lots of smalls inside as well as the gorgeous samplers. A big thank you to Carol for offering such a generous trade. I just didn't feel right trading one chart for this book full of them so I sent along a couple of goodies too. :o) Carol and I just chuckled and scratched our head (via email) as we watched the most recent ebay auction for a WMHB chart. It sold for $51.10.

I hope you all had a wonderful and restful weekend. We finally got some relief from the heat but along with it came clouds and drizzle all weekend. More perfect weather for stitching. Have you noticed that when it is really hot and sunny outside - perfect stitching weather. When it is rainy outside - perfect stitching weather. What weather isn't perfect for stitching? LOL
Next up - top secret Autumn exchange stitching so no stitchy pics for a while.

22 comments:

Karen said...

Great new finish...the colors are so much brighter! Kudos on the Honeysuckle Manor...I love this book.

Stay cool....happy stitching!

JOLENE said...

Rub-a-dub-dub....look at those sweeties floating in the tub!!! Congrats on an adorable finish!!! Love it!

Don't you just love the BBD book, it is one of my favorite's from them, lots of fun projects.

Enjoy.....

Sherri said...

Oh, the birdies in the bath is soooo adorable!! Beautiful finish. Honeysuckle Manor is such a wonderful book - but are we surprised since it came from BBD? Enjoy!

natalyK said...

Love your new finish! It made me hunt down the pattern when I saw the WIP!

mainely stitching said...

What a great finish! And congratulations on such a mutually satisfying exchange! :D

Catherine said...

Such a sweet finish!

How fun that you were able to work out that exchange! I am sure you sent her some fine goodies in addition to the pattern!

Mary said...

Wash Day looks great, Myra! It's adorable. How fortunate you are to find such a beautiful BBD exchange. Hope you enjoy it! (Hugs)

Deborah said...

I love your finish. The colors are spectacular. You will love Honeysuckle Manor.

carol fun said...

Hi Myra -I'm so glad we could swap. Thanks for your kind words. I can't wait to finish my BBD Mystery Sampler so I can start on the WMHB piece. Your Wash Day piece is wonderful - so cheerful. This is another graph that is calling out to me. --Happy stitching

Lois said...

What a lovely finish Myra! Can I ask about the fabric you used? What shade would you say Baby's Breath is? I've it asked for in another chart and I'm wondering if I can make a substition. Thanks!

What a nice trade to do, Honeysuckle Manor has some lovely designs.

Crispy said...

Very cute!! Oooo love the look of that book, I think you made a wonderful trade :0)

No way would I pay $50 for a pattern!!

Crispy

Carol said...

Hi Myra! Just got back from our beach vacation and am attempting to catch up on all of my favorite blogs :)

I LOVE Wash Day!! How cute are those little blackbirds frolicking in the bird bath?! And I love how your initials are darker and more defined--great idea :) Your trade with Carol worked out perfectly for you both--enjoy!

Amy said...

Oh the CHS looks great - I have it too! And along with everyone else, I LOVE Honeysuckle Manor - have big plans for that book! ;-) Congrats on yet another finish!!

staci said...

Oh, Darling finish!!! HM is a great book~~enjoy your trade!

pollyanna said...

~~~waving wildly~~~

I love looking at your counted cross work and Wash Day is no disappointment! Beautiful!

*smooch*

Berit said...

Lovely! Isn't Wash Day just the cutest title for this piece? I think you may be the first person in blogland to finish this beauty up!

Also, congrats on HM--it is too bad the way some of these BBD charts are so (expensively) OoP!

PunkiePie said...

that is so pretty, Myra! Happy to hear you got some relief from the weather. We've been having some nice days here too.

Ranae said...

I adore "Wash Day" it is such a lovely design.
Don't you just love trades?!!
Stay cool!!

Daffycat said...

What a wonderful little finish! You do such nice work, Myra!

Sweet trade! Blogging friends are the best.

Pumpkin said...

Lovely finish Myra! Good thing you caught the missing E before you framed it ;o)

That was a nice trade for sure. It's always great when others are willing to help out :o)

Deborah said...

Myra, those cute cream and black stork scissors are from ceciliassamplers.com They were 7.99 and look lovely in person and they cut well, too. She doesn't have the manufacturer listed and I threw the packagingt away. Sorry Hopr this helps. Deborah

Bonnie said...

Wash Day turned out lovely. I was on vacation when you ordered it. I ordered one and it was waiting when I got home.
It is still waiting, lol.