background

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sewing and RAK's

I decided to spend a little time at the sewing machine this weekend and made these little treat bags and pincushions. I have had these fat quarters of autumn fabric in my stash for several years and since I am all about autumn right now these practically jumped out of the cabinet. These are the perfect size for packaging a little gift (or pincushion), as a container for some small chocolates, or for using as an ort bag.
Glitter loves it when I retreat to the sewing room and takes up residence on this old comforter that I use in the kennel when Ziggy comes inside. If I am quilting she loves to sit on the sewing table and before I know it I am tugging and tugging at the quilt only to realize it won't move because she is laying on it! Yes, she is a handy little helper at times.
Now, for the RAK part. If you are a regular reader of my blog you know I like to send little random gifts. I enjoy sewing little things and giving them away. I like having giveaways here on the blog but I love surprises and think most everyone else does too. The problem is, I don't have your addresses. Random acts aren't really random if I have to ask for your address, are they? So dear readers if you would like to be a recipient of one of my random little gifts, please send me your address. (my email is in my profile) I won't promise anything but if you share your address with me, maybe someday when you least expect it a little sumthin' might just appear in your mailbox hoping to bring a smile to your face. :o)

20 comments:

Daffycat said...

Oh my, those little bags are the cat's meow, Myra! RAKs are such a blast to send and receive...you have MY address still, right???

Your little Siamese cat is so sweet all curled up like that. She looks very happy.

Blu said...

The bags are cute!
Glitter looks so regal and snooty!

Mimi said...

Love those bags - so, so sweet!! For some reason I simply cannot access your email. Anyhoo, I love to surprise people with gifts that I make - just like you! Since I am new to discovering creative bloggers, I have stumbled on yours a few times (the 8 catches my attention) and have enjoyed your posts. If you would like to file my address could you please email me? micheletimms(at)gmail(dot)com

Mary said...

What adorable bags, Myra! A bit of time and love went into making each one :)
RAK are such fun, thoughtful, sweet surprises.
Glitter looks quite content....where's Lola? (*HUGS*)

Karen said...

The bags are so cute...love that fabric!

Your cat looks so excited to have her picture taken...didn't interrupt her nap did you???

Faye said...

Oh Myra~~ Your talent always amazes me!!! Those cute little bags are too cute and the pin cushion is too!!! Pretty fabrics!

Thanks for the email...I have been so busy I have not had a chance to reply...you are sweet to check on me and soon I hope to be "back" on course....

Have a great week my friend, Faye

Catherine said...

What adorable little bags!!! Love them!

The look on your cat's face is worth a thousand words.

How sweet of you to do RAK's! There will be some lucky girls out there!

Carol said...

Oh, you sure have been busy, Myra--your treat bags and pincushion are all darling. Love the fabrics!!

I didn't even know you had another pet besides Ziggy and Lola (are there more?)... What a beauty she is--queen of the castle I'd say!

Have a wonderful last two days of August/beginning of September! Where on earth did our summer go!!!

chris_stitch said...

The little totes are lovely! If I get near a sewing machine it jams!! LOL

Chris

Berit said...

OOH! I didn't know (or did I forget?) that you had a Siamese! :D Everything in this post looks so autumnal--even Glitter!

Thanks for sharing--pics; and I KNOW I love the RAK you sent me; I use it all the time--even this weekend I took my stitching along in it. :)

Deborah said...

I love the treat bags! I don't sew, so I always marvel at your work. Glitter is goegeous!

Lindsay said...

Love the little bags and you cat looks so content

Crispy said...

Hey, I didn't know you had a cat too. She looks so much like my old cat Trouble (my son named her that and she was never any kind of trouble). I love blue eyed cats :0)

Your little bags are so cute!!

Crispy

Amy said...

What cute tote bags, (and what a beautiful cat too!). The ribbon handles are a great idea, you're so creative!!! I'll take a chance that you still have my address - if not, I wasn't meant to have one anyway! ;-) lol
Thanks for always being so generous Myra!

Have a great week!!

Sharlotte said...

Just love those bags!! Goodness they're cute! I am so in the mood to decorate for Fall! The kitty cat is just beautiful.

Pumpkin said...

Well I'm a new follower :o) I'm sending you my address!

Those little bags are too adorable and I LOVE the pumpkin fabric!

Glitter is beautiful. We used to have two Siamese cats when I was growing up and they are such lovely cats :o)

Marie-P said...

I too have found myself "crafting" behind the sewing machine lately. Your fall totes and pincushion are adorable...as is Glitter. My yorkies like to join me in the sewing room and curl up in the fabric on the floor~ (I obviously need more shelves!)

Lois said...

What wonderful little treat bags Myra, the fabric is perfect for them! Love the pincushion too!

Glitter looks so comfortable there keeping you company!

What a sweet thought to do the RAK's. Those just brighten up anyone's day.

Shelleen said...

I love those treat bags, they are adorable! Your cat is cute too :-)

PunkiePie said...

WOW. I have been totally MIA on your blog and I see that you've been sewing! I love everthing that you created. The candle mat is ADORABLE!