background

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Many Thanks!

A big thanks to all of you who commented on my exchange pieces yesterday.  I am still admiring the pillow Julianne sent me and it looks so pretty displayed with Mini Ziggy.  :o)

Carol sent me this wonderful Halloween ornament for my birthday. 
Isn't it cute?  Carol does the prettiest stitching and finishing.  I told her I want to be able to stitch like her when I grow up.  :o)  The design is by The Trilogy.  I just love all the little motifs and the orange bow is perfect!  Check out the little ghost she used in her signature on the back.  Toooo cute!  Thank you so much Carol for making my day extra special.


When I arrived home from work today there was another package waiting for me.  (I just love surprises, don't you?  Sweet Vera (no blog yet but we have to work on that LOL)  whom I met through Peggy Lee's blog sent me this wonderful little pillow.

Isn't it fabulous!  Pardon my terrible photo skills but it has the most gorgeous aubergine color in the tassels.  The little charms at the top say "September" and "Virgo" and the little crescent moon charm is a wonderful purple color as well.  Vera does some pattern designing herself and I am hoping we will see more of her lovely creations soon.  Thank you so much my friend for making me feel so special for my birthday.

I will leave you with a photo of another visitor to my yard.  He gave me quite a shock when I first noticed him.  :o)
I remember seeing these as a child and they always had a darker zig zag pattern in the center of their web.  As kids we would always scare each other by telling the others that if the spider wrote your name in his web you would die!  Then we would tentatively check the web each day to make sure our name didn't appear. 

I have the day off tomorrow and I plan to spend it in the sewing room.  I hope to have a couple of new things to add to my giveaway box.  There is still time to enter if you haven't already done so.  Just hop over to my post of September 1st and leave a comment.

16 comments:

BeckySC said...

SWEET gifts for a SWEET lady :)

Faye said...

great gifts!!!! congrats!!!

CATHI said...

These birthday gifts are so beautiful! :o)

Cathi

Lois said...

Two lovely pieces to receive Myra!

That spider would have given me a shock too!! Enjoy your day off.

natalyK said...

Great gifts. Happy Birthday!!

Wilma NC said...

Lovely things you have!!!! Hate the spider though. I have 5 spider bites on my left knee!!!

Carol said...

I'm so happy that my little "Spooky" ornament brought you a smile on your birthday, Myra--I loved every minute spent stitching it for you :)

Sharlotte said...

Love the b-day gift! Those kind of spiders are huge. Last year , we came home from running errands and I opened the storm door to unlock the door to go inside the house and that same kind of spider came down on it's web and stopped right in front of my face! I ran off the porch and screamed and it took my husband and son a minute to figure out what it was all about.Our spider was about 4" in diameter with it's legs spread out. Might as well been 4 feet as just about any size gives me the willies! Have a great day!

Bonnie said...

What great gifts, Myra.
Happy Birthday.
I sure enjoy seeing all the halloween and fall designs all stitched up and finished so beautifully.

Berit said...

Beautiful Gifts! I am SO glad you'll be able to relax on your special day! :D

(You are so right about the perfection of the orange bow. :)

Crispy said...

What sweet gifts!! Those photos more than made up for the last one....spiders ICK ROFL.

Crispy

Deborah said...

Wonderful gifts. Happy Birthday.

Catherine said...

What sweet gifts - enjoy!

I'll have to remember the spider thing and tell that to my boys, they'll love it!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
Lovely gifts for a lovely friend!
Hugs

PunkiePie said...

Love, love, LOVE that Halloween ornament you received!

Pumpkin said...

Oh you lucky girl you! I bet Carol's stuff is just as gorgeous in person :o)

What a neat idea and the charms just add to this sweet pillow.