background

Sunday, September 12, 2010

More Sewing

Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope you have been able to enjoy some of the beautiful weather we have had here.  It is much cooler and the humidity is lower - just wonderful.

I have been spending some more time at the sewing machine.  I made this candle mat and am thinking of making up some of these to sell.  (It would look nicer if I had a candle in a color to match.)  It is quilted and measures 10" square.  I am trying to decide what a fair price might be.  I am thinking in the $10-$12 range, what do you think?  Along with a jar candle it would make a nice $15-$20 gift.
Since I have been in such an autumn mood and you can't walk in my backyard without stepping on acorns or their shells, I made up an acorn pin pillow.  If you visit McCall's website and sign up, they have several free patterns.  The acorn pattern was for a pillow and coasters and I just turned the coaster pattern into a pin pillow.
Lest you think I have given up cross stitch entirely:

"Halloween Cat"
design by Cathi http://cathisstitchingblog.blogspot.com/
28 ct natural linen/CC & DMC

Off to do more sewing now.  I hope you all have a fantastic day!

15 comments:

BeckySC said...

Hello friend :)
We are warmer today than yesterday. It was a REALLY nice day yesterday for spending time in the yard. Today we are back into the low 90's.
I too see signs of Autumn everywhere in my yard :)
LET me say I LOVE each of the items you shared! The candle mat is gorgeous and I think the $10.00-$12.00 range is a good price. I ADORE the acorn!! LOVE IT! And your stitched piece is TOO cute :)
Enjoy your Sunday :)
((hugs))

Jane said...

Myra, I can't tell you enough how much I look forward to your posts ~ I always know I'm going to totally love your handiwork and ideas and this time is no exception.
Your candle mat is lovely, love the flaps in the middle to secure the candle jar and for a handmade item the price is very good - my oak dining room table is screaming out for an individual piece like that. The acorn is lovely too and the choice of fabrics ~ perfect.
Halloween stitches are such fun ~ love the purple boots!
xxx

Carol said...

I'm always amazed at how productive you are, Myra--you must really feel comfortable using your sewing machine because you seem to stitch up your beauties so easily. Me, I hem and haw, and worry to death when I sit in front of my machine!

The candle mat and the acorn are darling and that little purple booted kitty just makes me smile :) Did you dye the acorn fabric?

Daffycat said...

That acorn is incredible! I love it!

Awesome Halloween finish. Those teeth! ROFLOL

Berit said...

I don't think I could pick a favorite item this post! You are so prolific lately. :D

Deborah said...

I just love the acorn! The fabric choses are perfect. I also think that $10.00 is a fair price for the candle holder.

Faye said...

You are a sewing machine!!! I love the candle holder and I know I would pay around 10.00 for one... Keep up the great work...I am loving all of it my friend!

Take care, Faye

Chris said...

Hi Myra!
I love the acorn! Everthing you do is beautiful and I love your fabric choices.

Chris

Catherine said...

Love all of your things!

The candle mat is great - and I think your price range is spot on!

That acorn - I could just picture a bunch of them in a wooden bowl with perhaps some pumpkins thrown in!

And that cat! I'm still laughing -nothing but his boots on!! Perhaps he gets more candy in his pumpkin that way ;)

Amy said...

Great job - as usual! I LOVE the acorn! That's more than fair in price for the candle mats. I can't have candles in the house because of Ray's severe allergies, but what a cute idea! Your stitching is cute too, esp. love the purple boots! ;-)

Can't wait to see what's next! :-)

Bonnie said...

Love that candle holder! I would pay $10.00 for one.
Acorn is so neat and I love the smile on that cat lol.

Crispy said...

Such cute projects, LOVE the smile on the cat's face LOL. Where will you be selling your candle mats?

Crispy

Pumpkin said...

Someone's been busy! LOVE the acorn! It's just adorable with the leave touch :o)

Cute stitchy finish.

Blu said...

Gorgeous candle mat. And that acorn is so cute!

Lois said...

Myra, the candle mat is lovely. What a nice idea. Love your acorn and what a scary Halloween cat!!!