background

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mother Nature

Mother Nature can really put on a show - when you least expect it.  When I opened the curtains in my sewing room this morning I saw all this color in the field next to my house.  I just had to grab the camera and head outside in my PJ's to snap a few pictures.
Is this goldenrod?
Morning Glory - September's Flower
As I was typing this, I looked out the window into the same field and saw our Mama deer and her two babies looking back at me.  :o) 

After admiring Faye's seasonal tree for quite some time, I headed out for Hobby Lobby yesterday with my 40% coupon to purchase one of my very own.  I had fashioned a Halloween tree from an old flower pot and a branch from the cedar we cut down in our yard.  I am trying to decide whether to leave the Halloween tree and wait to start using the new one or take this one down and redecorate.
Now
New tree.  It has a more primitive style as when it is fluffed up the trunk peeks out between the layers of branches.  Decisions, decisons.  What do you think?


13 comments:

Berit said...

IDK I do like the current branchy tree that you made, but I can also see why you'd be really excited about this new acquisition!

I see a fun leggy cat perched in there--very cute. :)

Catherine said...

What lovely colors and flowers that greeted you this morning!

I really love the spooky look of your current tree, but I do love the primitive looking tree as well. Perhaps you should stitch up a storm and use them both in different parts of your house! :)

p.matejcek said...

I also like the current tree. It looks very primitive and spooky for Halloween. The other one will look nice with xmas ornaments on. Pat

CATHI said...

I do prefer the current tree - it is more spooky, without leaves and it is more Halloween-like... The other one, the new one, I think as p.matejcek thinks - it would look great in the Christmas season... :o)

Best wishes
Cathi

Faye said...

Oh Myra....decisions, decisions....!

I like the brancy tree b/c I think you will be using it for Halloween ornies.... The prim I think could be Fall-ish and then Christmasy...

I know...I know.... What to do? If I were a true Halloween girl, I would have used one like the first...But, not really being all about Halloween and knowing my money had to be used for a tree to serva all year...I went with the tradional tree...

Either way, your beautiful work will really shine through....!

Always, Faye

Carol said...

I vote for the current tree, Myra. It just looks spookier and more Halloweeny! Love seeing all of your charming Halloween ornaments in one place. I need to get busy and make some for myself :)

BeckySC said...

As you know I have several seasonal trees that I keep out year round and they are the purchased xnas tree types...which are great BUT, I just LOVE your version for the Halloween/Autumn display-I think it works better than a store bought tree :)

Chris said...

Myra,
I like them both! I think the branch looks very primitive.

Maybe you will need to decorate 2 trees :)

Chris

Deborah said...

I love the spooky tree. The new tree could be used for more traditional ornies.

Crispy said...

For Halloween the twig tree is cuter. The other tree would be perfect for any other holiday IMHO :0)

Crispy

Mary said...

Hi Myra! I think the twig tree is perfect for Fall and Halloween. You'll have the pine tree for Christmas and winter. Whatever tree you choose, your ornies will lookk great:) (HUGS*)

Robin said...

I LOVE the current tree!!! So fall-ish; I say leave it :-)

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful pictures Myra! I love Morning Glories :o) I didn't know they were September's flower. Huh!