background

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Over the Hump!

Well friends as Wednesday winds down we are over the hump and can start looking forward to the weekend.  It has been raining like mad here today but I am not complaining.  We needed it so desperately.  DH is keeping a close eye on his watermelons (we have 3) and is hoping the rain will give them a growth spurt.  We may be harvesting watermelons on Halloween!  LOL

I finished up another little ornament for my Halloween tree.

28 ct evenweave/DMC floss

I just couldn't resist this leggy bird with her purple pumpkin and witch hat.  :o)  I finished it rather primitively with a few decorative stitches from my sewing machine.  I am not sure if this will qualify as an entry for the Great Pumpkin Challenge or not.  It does have a tiny pumpkin motif but I envision it as one of those plastic ones we all used to take trick or treating when we were kids.  Remember those?

I sent out a couple of RAK's earlier this week and I just wanted to say a few words about those.  It occurred to me that someone might feel obligated to send me something in return.  Please know that is not why I send these out.  I send these without any expectations or obligations.  I am a firm believer that what comes around goes around and if I can bring a smile to someone's face with one of my little creations that makes me very happy.  I love cross stitch but I also love to sew.  Many times I will see something on the internet or in a book that I just have to try.  Sometimes they turn out well and sometimes they don't.  When they do I like to share them.  My 22 year old boys aren't really into things like project bags and pincushions and I don't have many friends or family members that appreciate the beauty of handmade items.  So, that is where my dear stitching and blogging friends come in.  You may not like what I choose to send you and that is okay too - just know that I thought about you and was trying to bring a smile to your part of the world.  If you were here I would probably be dancing around like a fool and cracking jokes instead because that's what I do.  I make things and give them away because that is what I do too.  :o)

Okay, enough of that.  I found another pattern for a cutie that I just have to try out.  Time to get busy!

15 comments:

natalyK said...

Love your Halloween ornie! I think your Halloween display is going to look fab.

Pumpkin said...

Very cute Myra!

Hey, if someone sent me something, I would be very grateful and I'm sure these lucky people will too :o)

Karen said...

So...will you be carving watermelons for Halloween??? Love your finish..he is cute the way you finished him.

Wilma NC said...

That is too cute!!! What kind of tree do you hang them on?

BeckySC said...

Oh my friend...I ADORE him :)
Can you send me the link if he is still available! That is SO me :) You did a great job!!
ME too-I LOVE giving :) It just makes me happy :)

Chris said...

Hi Myra,
Glad that you are having a good week. I am enjoying the rain. It made me very sleepy today.
Great new ornie. I am still stitching the Primitive Moon piece.

I hope the rest of the week goes smooth for you :)

Chris

Peggy Lee said...

Someday I'm going to stitch something Halloweenie!

Myra...you have such a kind heart! Bless You!!!

Deborah said...

Love your latest finish! As someone who won one of your giveaways, I know that who ever recieves the RAK's will love them.

Catherine said...

What a cute finish!!

I'm sure that where ever your RAK's go, they will be greatly treasured!!

CATHI said...

Very cute! I think I must try this, too...! ;o) It is the same with me: nobody in my family really treasures handmade work (they don't even know how much time, intention and love was put in) - except my mother... So I do understand you very well, when you say that you love to give presents to someone who can appreciate the work done...! :o)

Crispy said...

My eyes must still be asleep, I thought this little piece was some kind of Halloween elf out trick or treating...it's a bird out trick or treating. Weird how eyes can play tricks on you. This is no reflection on this cute little ornament...I love it much more as a bird LOL. Maybe I should go back to bed :0)

Crispy

Blu said...

Cute finish!

Carol said...

What a cutie!! I've never seen that one before, Myra--you'll have to post another photo of your Halloween tree when you're all done stitching your ornaments for this year :)

Lois said...

What a cute finish Myra!

I can't imagine anyone not appreciating what you stitch and send.

Looking forward to seeing what you've picked to stitch next.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh Myra......Another cute ornament!