background

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Some Finishing

I puttered around in the sewing room this evening and managed to finish 3 more ornaments to add to my Halloween tree.  I do believe I will stay with the homemade tree through Halloween and then switch over to the new tree.  I know it is too early to be decorating for Halloween but I do love seeing all my Halloween stuff and a mere month just doesn't seem long enough to look at it all.  :o)
Waxing Moon Designs

Ink Circles
Primitive Needle
I finished all of these as flat ornaments but I don't think I will try that again.  I am much better at stitching pillow ornaments and will stick with them in the future.  I had a tough time with these, just couldn't get the fabric to lie down after folding to the back,  and spent an enormous amount of time putting them together. 

I am off to frame my LHN September monthly sampler now.  :o)

21 comments:

April Mechelle said...

I love all your new finishes! I have not tried the flat finish yet. I keep reading about how to do it.. I just have a feeling it will not work right for me... lol
Your turned out beautiful !

BeckySC said...

3 words...BEEutiful, BEEutiful, BEEutiful :) Well done my friend :)

Karen said...

I think you did a great job! Love the first one especially with the pin details.

Catherine said...

Your finishes look fantastic! I haven't tried that type of finish yet.

You'll have to show an updated pic of the tree!

Cole said...

These look great!! Well done Myra!

Deborah said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

CATHI said...

I love how you finished these ornaments, they are so beautiful, but I must agree with you, I myself prefer as well the pillow ornaments... ;o)

Best wishes

Cathi

Lindsay said...

They all look good and this is coming from someone that doesn't do Halloween

Carol said...

Each one looks just perfect, Myra. I agree that this kind of finish takes longer and is a bit fussier, but yours all look great. I really need to do the witch one--so cute! Your Halloween tree is going to look ever more delightful :)

Crispy said...

Too Cute!! I love the witch one :0) I would much rather see your Halloween decorations than the Christmas ones showing up in the stores....sheesh!!

Crispy

Conny said...

They are all cute! You did the finish very well. The first one is my favo.

Faye said...

perfect perfect perfect~~ I love them all~~~ Faye

staci said...

I love all your fall finishes! And I bet you are loving displaying them!!!

gazette94 said...

Myra, I love your new ornements they look fabulous ! I must admit I feel more confortable with pillows than pinkeeps, but yours are just perfect to me !

natalyK said...

Myra, What great ornaments. I love them all but I agree I think that pillows are easier.

Kay said...

I'm sorry you had a hard time flat finishing your ornaments - I was just about to send you all of mine to finish for me LOL! They all look great to me.

Kay

Jan said...

Your Halloween ornaments look so nice---you did a great job!!! Love the pictures you took from Mother Nature!!!

Shelleen said...

Love all your finishes and it is never to early to put out Halloween decorations.

Blu said...

Your finishes look great! Can't wait to see your Halloween tree.

Lois said...

These are all looking great! You're going to have a wonderful Halloween tree - can't wait to see it!

Pumpkin said...

I think you did a fantastic job :o) Your Halloween tree is going to have lots of ornies on it!