background

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Celebration Continues

Yesterday I received another wonderful package in the mail as a belated birthday/early Halloween present.  As soon as I saw the beautiful handwriting I knew it could only be from dear Berit.  I was so excited because I have seen some of her gorgeous finishes on her blog and knew it would be something special.
Isn't it wonderful?!  Berit knows I love Halloween and this gorgeous ornament went right onto my tree.  (After I had oooooed and ahhhhed and paraded it around to show DH and my son)  Every time I look at it I notice another little detail.
The pumpkin button and braided trim...
The backing fabric and signature square - love the little pumpkin!...
The creative side tassels and the beaded edgeing...oh my!

Thank you so much Berit.  This is a really special ornament for me and I will treasure it always. 

I think I will gather all my birthday presents/Halloween ornies and sleep with them tonight.  :o)

19 comments:

BeckySC said...

Aww..that's just so special :) for a special lady! Berit did a beautiful job :)

Chris said...

Beautiful ornament, I think you need to post an updated pic of your Halloween tree!

Faye said...

Berit takes things to a whole different level with her spectacular touches...I too feel so fortunate to have a piece by her and still marvel at all the special details....This one is no exception....YOU deserve it~~ Take care, Faye

Bonnie said...

What a masterpiece! Berit did an awesome job. I like the braid she puts on her ornaments.I love it,You are a lucky ducky!

Kathy A. said...

Georgeous little Halloween treat! and how wonderfully finished. Lucky girl

April Mechelle said...

It is so Cute!!! I love all the details!

Lois said...

What a cute ornament! Berit did a wonderful job.

Vonna said...

How was your ornaments and presents as sleeping partners? :)

Berit's ornament is just lovely and made for the sweetest among women! Congrats!

Crispy said...

What a wonderful gift!! I love the beaded edge....very cool :0)

Crispy

PunkiePie said...

That is SO awesome! Lucky girl!

Carol said...

Oh, I love Berit's gift to you, Myra! She does amazing work...Gosh, at this rate your birthday gifts could keep coming until Christmas!

Still chuckling at the thought of you sleeping with all of your birthday gifts :)

Catherine said...

Berit's gift to you is amazing!! The more I looked at it, the more special touches I saw!! Enjoy it, you certainly deserve it!

Barbara said...

Fabulous! Great job, Berit! And I know you'll enjoy it forever, Myra!

Pumpkin said...

How wonderful! No wonder you are so excited about your new ornament Myra :o) Love the pumpkin button too!

Berit said...

Aww, thank you so much, Myra (and everyone else, too!) I'm blushing from all this praise!

I hope you don't mind if I pilfer these lovely photo's you've taken for my records, I took a bunch of my own, but they are quite hideous!

I think I might have slept with that Fox Box by my bedside once. ;)

Julianne said...

Myra,

You are so funny! Thanks for making me smile and LOL :)

Berit did a beautiful job on this ornament. I bet it looks great on your "spooky" tree!

Elaine said...

What a beautiful gift from Berit, it;s just stunning!

Littlebit said...

HOw sweet is that..too cute!

Carolyn NC said...

This is just gorgeous!