background

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just another lazy Sunday

Lola decided to take advantage of the beautiful Autumn sunshine today by working on her tan.  :o)

I decided to try to squeeze in one more Halloween stitch before next weekend.  I am going to give the WDW Trick or Treat floss Julianne sent me with my Autumn exchange a try on this purple fabric I dyed today.  While I was at it I purpleized a piece of black and white fabric and just for giggles I tossed in some white pom pom trim.  The purple is pretty intense and I may end up coffee staining it as well. 

 Speaking of sweet Julianne , look what arrived in my mailbox earlier this week!   She sent me another ornament for my Halloween tree.  It is a PS design and it is wonderful.  I am especially fond of the golden yellow linen she used, I think it really shows the design nicely.
And check out the cute fabric she used on the back.  Those bats make me smile.  :o)  Thank you so much Julianne for such a wonderful surprise.  A larger Halloween tree is definitely in order for next year.  Either that or I will have to get a bigger bed since I am sleeping with all my pretty gifts.  ;o)

Ya'll just don't know how blessed I feel to have met so many caring, fun, interesting, giving people through this blog.   You have all inspired me in so many ways and I am so very thankful for your friendships and camaraderie. 

I am thisclose to finishing the LHN November sampler and if I could stop looking at all the pretty things you are showing on your blogs I just might get it done.  :o)  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and will have a wonderful week ahead.

21 comments:

Kathy A. said...

You have me giggling picturing you going to bed at night amidst all your pretty stitches.
Lovely Halloween gift for your tree.
And I LOVE that purple fabric and trim. Vibrant is good!

Julianne said...

Myra,

The bat button looks great! The name of that fabric color is Witch's Brew. I got it last yeast to stitch some of those BBD Halloween stockings on.

You are right about the ornament being a PS design. It is from one of the most recent ones called Sweeping Cobwebs. It was great fun to surprise you. I knew you would like that bat fabric.

I love your purple dye job.

Catherine said...

What a lovely gift! You'll have to show another picture of you tree!

Tracey said...

Lovely fabric! Your blog layout is so pretty too.. I love it! Great stitching! :)

carol fun said...

Another lovely addition for your Halloween tree! And I love all your purply goodies - such fun! Happy stitching -

Daffycat said...

Wow, your fabric dyeing is awesome! That trim really picked up the color. Can't wait to see what you create!

Karen said...

Now...that's some purple! But I like it. Can't wait to see what you do with it. I just bet the check fabric looks great...such a good idea.

Love your gift too...very nice.

Deborah said...

What a great surprise for your tree! Love the purple and I am all about those pom-poms. I am crazy about them.

Carol said...

Julianne's surprise is just perfect, Myra! You may need two trees at this rate...

Fun purpley things, too--good thing Lola didn't get too close when you were doing your dyeing!

Hope your week is sunny and warm :)

Lois said...

What a lovely gift! I love your purple fabric and pom poms!

Lola looks to be loving that little bit of sun.

Bonnie said...

I love your new ornament and that purple dye job is to die for. lol

Faye said...

Whoa....You should go into business dying fabric~~Love that purple....I have never used anything like that but it is beautiful! PALS was fun this year and I sure hope you can make it next year!! Take care, Faye

Crispy said...

What a nice little gift :0) That purple dye is really pretty.

Crispy

dixiesamplardesigns said...

Your purple dye job turned out perfect...can't wait to see the stitched-up piece!

And your recent gifts and wins are delightful...what a lucky lady you are!

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Berit said...

Myra, it's all so wonderful! :D I can see what you mean about a coffee trip for some of the purple items; they did come out intense. ;)

What a great gift from Julianne--I think you are exactly right about that linen she used being perfect for this design. :)

I lol'ed about the bigger tree or bigger bed--I so know the feeling!

Irene said...

The ornament for your tree looks wonderful ! The colors are so nice.

Elaine said...

Lovely gift for you tree and oh wow I just love your purple fabric!

Pumpkin said...

Wow, can't wait to see what you do with all that purple!

What a lovely surprise for sure Myra! Julianne did a wonderful job on that ornament :o)

Blu said...

What shocking purple! I'm so curious to see what you're planning for it!

Cari-in-VA said...

Lola is too cute! Love the purple fabric and fringe! The witch is a wonderful addition to a halloween collection.

BeckySC said...

What a lovely gift from sweet Julianne to such a lovely lady :) Enjoy!!
You did a great job on the purple...can't wait to see it with a design stitched on it!

Have a grwat weekend!