background

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday

Creative post title, yes?  Why does the weekend always fly by so quickly?  Thank you all for the wonderful comments you left on my last post with the hoot owl pincushions.  They were fun and add quite a bit of character to my sewing room.  I didn't get a lot accomplished on the sewing or stitching front this weekend because I just had to get outside and enjoy the beautiful autumn weather. 

This lovely little thing arrived in the mail Saturday from Becky.
Isn't it just the cutest little thing you have ever seen?!  I am just thrilled with it and immediately put it on my Halloween tree.  The little pins and the gingham bow just add so much to the cuteness.   Thank you so much Becky!   I will treasure it always.
Several of you had asked for an updated picture of my tree.  Try as I may, I just can't get a good picture of it but you can see I have added a few more ornaments.  (You can see the little bucket from Becky right in the center and the little pillow from Carol over to the right.)  I think I am done with Halloween ornament stitching for this year as I have a couple of little surprises I want to make then it is on to Christmas stitching. 

I hope you had a fabulous weekend.  I think I will sit myself down now and stitch until bedtime.  :o)  Have a great week!

P.S.  Don't forget about Missy's 31 days of Halloween.  The button is in my sidebar.  :o)

21 comments:

Julianne said...

Myra,

Your Halloween tree is really unique. I just love all the special ornaments you have made for it.

Bonnie said...

I like your halloween tree and all the ornaments. Becky's little bucket is so cute.

The weekend is over but I have the next 3 days off. wooHoo!

Kathy A. said...

That is one cool Halloween tree. Congratulations on your little bucket from Becky.

BeckySC said...

You are so welcome my friend :)
Thank you for sharing another pic of your tree...I am SO happy you decided to stay with that tree as I think it just works SO well for the season :)
Have a most lovely week :)

Berit said...

Your tree is definitely looking good! :o

I'm in a stitching slump right now for various reasons (had to abandon--at least temporarily--the Hallows Eve I was working on); I just can't settle into anything.

I think have an idea this afternoon, but it's not Hallowe'en, unfortunately. I can never seem to get my Mojo to line up with the seasons, lol! (Well, getting seasonal things done in time for or within a season!)

Speaking of Seasons, I wonder what the Nov. and Dec months of your LHN year will be like.

Catherine said...

Your tree looks great!! Becky sure has been stitching and finishing some great things - what a treat to have one sent to you - enjoy!

Vonna said...

Becky is a sweetie and your tree is just cute as a button!

Daffycat said...

You got one of Becky's cupcakes? You lucky girl!

OMG Your Halloween tree looks fantastic!

Carol said...

Just got back from NY last night, Myra so I missed the post about your hoot owls on Friday--they are so sweet--love those giant wide eyes :)

And Becky's gift is wonderful (as are all of her finishes). I do love your Halloween tree--I'm afraid if I had one, it would have only two ornaments on it!! I've given everything else away!

Deborah said...

Love the halloween tree. Becky's bucket is a great addition.

April Mechelle said...

Tree is So Cute !!!

Lois said...

I do love your Halloween tree! What a nice gift from Becky! I agree, the weekends go far too fast.

CATHI said...

Your Halloween tree is great! And I, too, am thinking about some Christmas ornaments already... ;o)

Best wishes

Cathi

natalyK said...

Love your halloween tree. Too Cute!!

Crispy said...

Your Halloween tree is wonderful and the little gifts you have been receiving fit right in :0)

Crispy

Pumpkin said...

Boy, you have quite the tree this year! I think you might have to upgrade next year if you keep getting and making all these lovely ornaments ;o)

FIONA said...

What a lovely tree. Is a Halloween tree an American tradition? I haven't seen them before until recently. Love the gift from Becky and enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for sharing. x

Mary said...

Hi Myra,
I LOVE the tree! Everything looks great. I think the "twiggy tree" is perfect to showcase your treasures. Lucky you receiving such a cute treat from Becky.
I've had many compliments on my candle mat...I love it....thanks again xo

Elaine said...

Just love your Halloween tree and what a cute finish from Becky.
Happy Stitching!

Sharon said...

That halloween tree is just the cutest!! How sweet it is to be blessed with a gift from Becky! :)

I can't wait to see what you've got planned for your Christmas stitching - show us, show us, show us, pretty please??? :)

Marie-P said...

I am liking that tree!!! :)
Such a nice gift from Becky.