background

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Watermelon Harvesting :o)

We decided to pick our largest watermelon today.  It was quite small as watermelons go.
We were pleasantly surprised to find this inside.  :o)  It was very sweet and tasty.
There are 2 melons still on the vine.  I am hoping they continue to ripen although our temperatures are dipping into the 40's at night. 

I received another wonderful birthday package in the mail late last week.  Raffaella (no blog) spoiled me completely.  Just look at this loot!
She sent a gorgeous stitched pillow in the prettiest shade of pink, a yard of the scrumptious paisley fabric you see in the background a fabulous vintage looking frame, the BBD Happy Birthday pattern with needles, fabric, and all the flosses to complete it, the most elegant little notepad, and a package of tiny buttons.  The cute bejeweled card says "Birthday Queen" and I truly felt like a queen after I opened this package.  Raffaella I just can't thank you enough for making this 47 year old feel like a kid again! 

And just in case you think I haven't been stitching much lately....TA DA!

I finished the LHN October Sampler in time to enjoy it for most of the month.  :o)  I substituted the orange for the pumpkin after stitching the small one and deciding it looked anemic.  I used WDW Sweet Potato for the larger pumpkin and I substituted WDW Scuppernong for the green. 

Thank you for visiting today!  I really appreciate all your comments and emails.  You make me smile.  :o)

18 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Myra!
Congratulations on the watermelon! We had no luck with our garden this year. We had one golf ball sized watermelon!
Your stitching looks great. I just picked that chart up a couple of days ago.
I hope you are having a great week!

Cari-in-VA said...

What a wonderful finish - it's perfect for this time of year.

Faye said...

YUMMO....I can taste that watermelon all the way down here~~~ Looks great~~ You have been a busy girl...Love the LHN October!

Are you an October birthday girl too?? Mine is Sat and I cant believe it~ They roll around way too soon...but at least they are still coming..lol..

Take care, Faye

Bonnie said...

Wow, now i want some watermelon, lol. Homegrown is the best!
What a great birthday package you received. I love the paisley fabric and the white frame. And the special stitched pillow is the best.
I am trying to keep up with you and here you go again with another LHN cutie. :)

Crispy said...

Your watermelon may have been small but it doesn't have as many seeds either :0) Your October stitchery is Very cute and wow did you get spoiled!!

Crispy

Kathy A. said...

Wow, your own watermelon. How cool is that!
Love our little pumpkin finish. Most blogs I have been reading lately have been changing the color of the pumpkins. I wonder what the designers are seeing instead of orange pumpkins LOL.

BeckySC said...

Myra, your October finish is ADORABLE :)
What a lovely package from Rafaella :)
Have a most wonderful weekend!

Lois said...

Love your finish Myra! The frame is perfect for it. What a nice package of goodies you received too.

Berit said...

Love your October finish--the flosses you subbed just make it! :D I love that sweet potato floss. :)

White pumpkins; they are nice, but hard to pull of in stitchy-land. I think the ones in When Witches Go Riding work b/c they are on a dark brown ground.

What awesome goodies from Raffaella! I, too, wish she had a blog. I always enjoy her things when I see them here or there. :)

That watermelon looks delicious! Was DH too thrilled or what with his Harvest?

Elaine said...

Love your Autumn finish and wonderful package of birthday goodies.

Daffycat said...

Congratulations on a beautiful melon! It looks very tasty.

Yay you finished your October stitch too! (we are good) It looks great!

Carol said...

That is one tasty looking watermelon, Myra! We've never tried growing them--probably wouldn't do very well up north...

What a generous gift from Rafaella--she certainly knows how special you are :)

Your October LHN Sampler if so sweet--love the little crow. What is it about crows and fall stitching? They are so perfect in autumn designs...

Blu said...

That watermelon looks delicious!
Great mail from Raffaella.
Your October finish is so cute!

Catherine said...

Oh that watermelon looks great - as does your October piece!!

What a wonderful birhtday surprise - enjoy!

Pumpkin said...

Oh yummy!

Lucky you :o) That IS one nice haul! LOL!

Lovely finish Myra. I'd have to say one of my favorite months ;o)

p.matejcek said...

Myra
The watermelon looks yummie. I love watermelon. I don't know when to stop when I start it is sooooooo good!!!
You got a lot of nice things. Lucky you.. Pat

Lisa said...

your melon maybe small but it looks totally tasty
love your october finish it looks great
nice birthday package, you were spoiled :)

PunkiePie said...

Awesome birthday treasures! Your watermelon looks mighty tasty. Mmmmmm. Happy birthday!!! I'm sure I'm late. Regardless, I hope you had a wonderful day!