background

Friday, October 1, 2010

What a Hoot!

I have some new assistants in the sewing room.

Aren't these guys a hoot?!  They are pincushions stuffed with a combination of polyfil and crushed walnut shells.  I saw these over on The DIY Dish and just had to see if I could make one.  I had such fun with the first one I just had to make another.  Head on over to The DIY Dish website where you can find the pattern and watch a video that shows you exactly how to make these.

I hope you all have some fun plans for the weekend.  Autumn is arriving here tonight with our temps going into the 40's and I hope to get some stitchy time in after work tomorrow.  Don't forget about Missy's and Annette's 31 days of Halloween - it started today and I can't wait to see what these ladies are making and giving away.


13 comments:

Sharlotte said...

Goodness Myra! These ARE a hoot! Cute , cute , cute!

BeckySC said...

A Hoot indeed!! Great job :)

Bonnie said...

Sooooooooo cute. I am going over to check these out.

Cole said...

Oh goodness, these are awesome!

Kathy A. said...

OMG - girl!!!! They are just priceless. Way to go!

Crispy said...

Oh Myra, they are adorable!! I love their knobby knees LOL.

Crispy

Donna said...

Just love the owls. I think I need to stitch one up
have a good day

Deb said...

Those are a hoot! And they're wonderful!!

PunkiePie said...

CUTE! I saw those too but haven't had a chance to make them. Now I want to make time. Very cute, Myra!

Pumpkin said...

They are SO cute! Great job Myra :o)

Daffycat said...

ROFLOL I love their knotty knees! Great job, Myra!

Blu said...

They're so cute! Love 'em!

April Mechelle said...

Those are so cute !!!