background

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Back a little more

While in the storage building this weekend, I unearthed a few more treasures.  Again, it was difficult to get good pictures because these were all professionally framed with glass.



As you can see, these were stitched in 1993.  (How can I possibly be this old?!?)  My boys were 6 years old then and I wonder how I had the time or patience to stitch these with twin 6 year old boys running around the house.   These are from the Leisure Arts Leaflet "The Seasons in Samplers" by Linda Culp Calhoun.  They incorporate a variety of techniques - specialty stitches, drawn thread, and cross stitch.
Now, how would you hang these to display them?  In a row of four?  A cross pattern - 1 on top and bottom with 2 in the center?  Two by two?  I really want to put them on a wall but can't decide.  Please help. 

Again, this leaflet is up for grabs if anyone is interested.  If more than one person is interested I'll draw names from a hat.  :o)

12 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Boy, you aren't kidding when you say you've found some more treasures ;o) Lovely!

I would only put one up and change it as the season's change :o)

Catherine said...

These are beautiful!! I would try finding a special spot and changing them as the seasons change or I would hang them four in a row.

I actually think I may have this leaflet tucked away some where in my piles - if not, it is something close!

Carol said...

I can't believe the treasures that you are discovering in your storage building, Myra! I love these seasonal stitchings and would probably hang them two over two in a square (almost like what is pictured on the chart).

Can't wait to see what you "dig up" next :)

Deborah said...

They are a wonderful find. I would hang them 4 in a row if you have the space. Beautiful work, Myra.

valerie said...

Wow, what incredible finds! I would display them two over two. How wonderful to find these treasures in your storage after so long.

natalyK said...

I can't believed you put these beauties into storage. The are too nice to be stowed away. I would probably hang them 2 by 2. Great work Myra!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Those are so pretty Myra! I would hang them 2x2 as well. they need to be displayed, however you decide to do it.

carol fun said...

These are lovely - I too remember doing pieces with pulled thread and decorative stitches. It was fun and a bit challenging. And how did we ever get anything done with children underfoot? I look at the dates on my pieces and remember where I was when I was stitching them and what my boys were doing. It is nice trip down memory lane. Happy stitching!

Berit said...

I'd hang 'em in a vertical stack OR 2x2, I think. Pretty work! :)

Mary said...

Myra, you are one talented lady!!

Whenever I find my "older" treasures, I reminise about when I did them and what was going on in my life at the time....
These are beautiful as is your drawn thread work.

I'd display them 2 over 2 or over a mantle/long wall in a row.
Although they aren't stitched pieces, I have floral pictures of our birthday months on the walls of the DR, 3 singles and 3 stacked.

Whatever you decide to do with them, they will add so much to the room :)
*HUGS*

Ranae said...

WoWzA!!!! What neat treasures

Lois said...

What a lovely set. If you have room I'd hang them four in a row.