background

Sunday, November 7, 2010

What a Week!

Happy Sunday Dear Friends!  This has been a crazy week for me - we installed new software at work and I am exhausted.  I have a huge learning curve to overcome as I have been using our current software for 10 years.  With the old software, I didn't even need to look at the screen to do most things.  I knew exactly how many clicks of the mouse, tabs, and enters I needed and didn't have to think about it.  Long hours this week didn't allow for much stitchy/sewing time so I spent most of today in the sewing room.

I am working on finishing up this ornament and trying to decide on buttons, trim, and hanger.  I do know that some tea dyed pom pom trim will be involved.  :o) 
This is a Homespun Elegance design - Wooly Tyme Club December.

I also worked on some of the zippered project bags as it is about time for another little giveaway soon and those seem to be very popular in my giveaways.  Stay tuned...

There was an extra special delivery this week as well.  On Friday when I really needed a little pick me up this beauty arrived in the mail as a belated birthday gift from Mary.
Isn't is gorgeous?  It is an Erica Michaels design, Random Thoughts of Autumn and I had admired it when Mary posted it as a WIP on her blog.  The picture really doesn't do it justice - there are pretty beads, the ribbon is just gorgous, and those little bows atop the pumpkins are so cute!  She also gifted me with 2 charts from my wish list - Hare's Christmas with linen and floss and Dog Lessons for People.  I squealed more than once when opening these lovelies.  Thank you so much Mary - you really surprised me and I am delighted with everything.

I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead.  If you have some good thoughts to send my way I (and my poor co-workers) am probably going to need them.  :o) 

19 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Myra,
I know how hard it is to get a new system at work. We went through that in September. It seems we hit enter so much more now.
You ornament is looking good. I am sure that your finishing will be great. The sweet harvest pillow you received is very pretty.
Have a good week.

Chris

BeckySC said...

Myra, I love your HE piece and the gift you received from Mary is amazing!!
Wishing you a good/successful week ahead.
((hugs))

Mary said...

Hi Myra,

I know what you mean about the new software. Change is difficult especially when we get used to doing things almost with our eyes closed.

I love the HE design. I can't wait 'til MY dear hearts come home for the holidays! I'm looking forward to your finish.

I'm so glad that you like your treats. I enjoyed making the pillow for you.
You have been a dear friend and a loyal follower :)

I hope you have a good week ahead with lots of stitching (and not so much software)time!

*HUGS*

valerie said...

I hope things go smoother with the software change this week! I love the pillow Mary made for you! Very Halloween with the black and orange. :)

carol fun said...

ohhh Santa and pom poms - I can't wait to see this. It will be wonderful! And the Erica Michael's piece is gorgeous. I'll send some prayers and positive thoughts your way for the software upgrade - isn't upgrade just code for this is going to be more work? LOL - Happy stitching

(to add to the irony of this comment my word verification is "angst"- feel any of that last week? )

Karen said...

I feel for you Myra...we are in the preliminary stages of a major software overhaul and I am not looking forward to it! Hope all continues to go well.

Great finish and that goodie you received is wonderful! I love the colors she chose with that brown. Very pretty!

Catherine said...

I'm sure you'll catch on fast to the new system!

Can't wait to see how you finish up the ornament - and that pillow from Mary is absolutely stunning!

Deborah said...

What a beautiful gift from Mary! The finishing is stunning. Love your HE piece.

Lois said...

Myra, I hope work goes much more smoothly for you this week. Love your HE finish and what a lovely package of goodies you received from Mary!

Wilma NC said...

WE did the same thing at my hospital, changed to iView for all of our charting. It's a mess. But I'm not worrying as I only have 11 more shifts to work!!!! Yay!.

Carol said...

I feel for you Myra with trying to learn the new software. I, too, always feel like I'm playing "Catch-Up" at work when it comes to technology! Good luck this week--hope things start to feel natural to you.

I love your little HE piece--I'm sure you'll come up with a fun finish with the tea-dyed pom-poms!

And what a delightful belated birthday gift from Mary--she is a sweetheart, isn't she!

Have a wonderful week, my friend :)

Pumpkin said...

It's hard when you're so used to something and then have something new introduced. You have my sympathies ;o) I'm sure you'll catch on quickly though.

What an adorable finish and can't wait to see how you complete it :o)

That's so sweet! Mary did a brilliant job.

Crispy said...

Wow what a cute gift!! I'm sending lots of good vibes for work :0)

Crispy

PunkiePie said...

I know exactly what you're saying. I HATE software upgrades!

Daffycat said...

Oh man, I hate those "upgrades" so bad! You have to relearn everything and it all takes twice as long. Best of luck, girl!

Darling Santa ornament. Can't wait to see it pom-pommed!

Berit said...

Ooh, how wonderful! :o Santa looks so great with his abundant beard and I so love that gift! With all the other goodies included it just sounds like THE perfect gift--couldn't have been given to a more wonderful stitching/blogging friend! :D

Best wishes that this week is going well.

Shari said...

hi Myra.....Mary told me to check out your blog......glad I did!! I love the HE piece you are working on ......too cute..
and oh my! The pillow Mary made for you is gorgeous!
How can there be so many talented people?? Everyone does such a terrific job on their finishes!
I hope you are able to figure out the new system at work.....I cannot imagine!

natalyK said...

I hope you use the weekend to recover from your work week. Happy Stitching!

CalamityJr said...

I'm sure you learned more than you realize last week and this week will be much easier. I know what you mean about knowing the old system by heart, though! Looking forward to seeing more of your stitching, and the finish of your Santa. I know he'll be gorgeous!